cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fighting zoom bombers

zoombombedhost
Listener

Today, someone impersonated me with my name and put a nasty message in chat so that everyone thought it was me. There were at least two zoom bombers I and my co-host could identify.  

It all happened very fast when there are multiple zoom bombers.

We enabled Waiting Room and then removed the zoombombers but couldn't identify who impersonated me.

After the zoom meeting, I went through active host report and registration and identified several zoom bombers but when I tried to CANCEL their registration, a pop up window appeared with blank email to send to them. I don't want that. I just want to REPORT them. How do I do so after the zoom meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @zoombombedhost,

There's some rude people out there... sorry they invaded your meeting!

See this Zoom Support article on reporting inappropriate behavior... note the section on "How to report participants for a past meeting or webinar":

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042791091-Reporting-inappropriate-behavior 

If you are unable to complete some of the instructions due to not having the information or screen shots, etc., keep this article in mind in case of future issues.

There are a few additional settings you can use to thwart some bad behavior.  I think it might have been helpful to have the option "Allow Participants to Rename Themselves" turned off:

Ray_Harwood_0-1657244997937.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @zoombombedhost,

There's some rude people out there... sorry they invaded your meeting!

See this Zoom Support article on reporting inappropriate behavior... note the section on "How to report participants for a past meeting or webinar":

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042791091-Reporting-inappropriate-behavior 

If you are unable to complete some of the instructions due to not having the information or screen shots, etc., keep this article in mind in case of future issues.

There are a few additional settings you can use to thwart some bad behavior.  I think it might have been helpful to have the option "Allow Participants to Rename Themselves" turned off:

Ray_Harwood_0-1657244997937.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

zoombombedhost
Listener

thank you, Ray. This has been very helpful. Now I can report all previous instances, too. Perhaps it's all related.