cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Assign chat bubble colors in user profiles, to easily ID participants in group chat

sionathan
Listener

When I’m in a group chat with multiple participants, it can be hard to tell whose comments are whose if they don’t have profile pictures. Being able to color-code chat bubbles would help.

I would like to be able to assign a color-code to any/each user in a chat or channel conversation. This color assignment should set the background color of that user’s text bubbles in that chat/channel. This would help me visually group participants without having to look up their user profiles. Ideally, this color assignment should be unique to each chat/channel, so i could for example tag a user as “green” in one conversation but “purple” in another. But even if the color assignment had to be consistent across all of my chat/channels, it would still be better than the current condition where all users other than me are the same color.

It would be useful if i could color-code people in a given channel or group chat; for example, in one channel it would be helpful if i could tag security team members with red, and managers with yellow, and project managers with green, to more easily notice when someone with those roles added a comment . Or maybe i have a friend that i would like to always tag with purple, to more easily notice when he added something to a conversation.

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @sionathan 

Be sure to submit this into the Feedback form also: https://zoom.us/feed

Good call, i had not previously seen that option. Thank you!