cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not a link

CandaceLebel
Listener

Am I missing something?  When I'm chatting with someone and I type in an email address, I expect that address to show as a link in the chat window.

If I add a URL into a chat message that address shows as a hyperlink.  Why doesn't an email address show as a hyperlink?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CandaceLebel 

Unfortunately, after some testing on my end, it looks like this is simply not yet supported by Zoom yet. I've passed along this info to the appropriate internal teams and hopefully this will be something they look to enhance soon. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Can you confirm this is in regards to the Zoom Chat, and not the in-meeting chat feature? 

wullie
Listener

I am having the same problem. Its in the meeting chat, when I post a web address, its a live link. When I post an email address, I want it to be a link link to open in the person's email account to reply.

CandaceLebel
Listener

@Bort My issue is regarding Zoom Chat, not the in-meeting chat feature.  And it is still a problem.

Bort

Hi @CandaceLebel 

Unfortunately, after some testing on my end, it looks like this is simply not yet supported by Zoom yet. I've passed along this info to the appropriate internal teams and hopefully this will be something they look to enhance soon. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.