cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Channel Members

Steelyonfly
Listener

I am an admin of a channel that I created.  We've had some changes in our department.  Is there a way to delete members from an existing channel?  I can add, but I don't see any info from help about deleting members.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, open the list of members and hover your cursor over the user you want to remove from the channel. You should see a small ... option appear. Click that to view more options and select Remove

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

Steelyonfly
Listener

I got it, but it's not the same as you instructed.  Hovering over a name doesn't do anything for me.  Maybe we are using different versions.  For the possible benefit to others here is what I did:

I had to go to Contacts, select the Channels tab, and select the channel.  From there I could see the members.  I clicked on the member to remove, selected the ellipsis to the right of their name, scrolled down and selected "Remove from this Channel", then a dialog box asks me to confirm removal.  Once I clicked Remove to confirm, the member was deleted.

Thanks for your help in getting me to look deeper.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Yes, open the list of members and hover your cursor over the user you want to remove from the channel. You should see a small ... option appear. Click that to view more options and select Remove

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Steelyonfly
Listener

I got it, but it's not the same as you instructed.  Hovering over a name doesn't do anything for me.  Maybe we are using different versions.  For the possible benefit to others here is what I did:

I had to go to Contacts, select the Channels tab, and select the channel.  From there I could see the members.  I clicked on the member to remove, selected the ellipsis to the right of their name, scrolled down and selected "Remove from this Channel", then a dialog box asks me to confirm removal.  Once I clicked Remove to confirm, the member was deleted.

Thanks for your help in getting me to look deeper.

THANK YOU!  I have looked everywhere, but you finally solved this for me @Steelyonfly 

VividEimaj
Listener

Hello,

Neither of these option work for me. This works for Folders but not Channels.

_Creator5155_
Listener

Same problem for me!

_Creator5155_
Listener

None of the ways work for me too

RaoulLake
Listener

Hi all, none of this quite worked for me (or i misunderstood) but I found a way to do this from the Zoom client.  Once you have the channel selected on left side, channel chat shows in your right main pane.  At the right hand top of this pane is an icon with the users  - open this, then hover over a Contact...click on right ellipses to take further action for the contact such as delete from the channel.