cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat notification sound does not work when messaged

janzaldua
Listener

Hello. Whenever I get a direct message on Zoom chat, I do not get a notification sound. Although in my Zoom > Preferences > Chat > Play sound when I receive a new message (is checked).

Does this setting only apply to brand new messages from brand new Zoom chats? I assumed it would also apply to Zoom chats you are already in, which would make sense to me.

5 REPLIES 5

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @janzaldua ! So sorry for the delayed response. Yes, this should apply to all chats unless you have notifications turned off for the particular chat. Are you still having an issue with this? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I will need to test it further, but I think it is still an issue. I will let you know over the next day or two

then  WHY is mine NOT working?  Brand New pc.  its never sent me a notification..  complete joke

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

HI @janzaldua correct! This is a team chat option as to playing a sound when receiving a new message. This is if the channel isn't muted. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

GOAWAY
Listener

I have a brand new pc and am having the same issue.. box is checked but it has never sent me an alert when someone sends me a message in chat... NEW PC  NO NOTIFICATION... ZOOM GARBAGE