cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Connectivity

VSO-SOM
Listener

I have a Zoom Room set up with a windows 10 machine, and am using an iPad as a Zoom Rooms controller. They are both on the same Wi-Fi network, with port 9090 enabled in the router as well as on the Windows 10 machine, but they still aren't able to see each other. Even with them both being on the same network, the Controller says that they have different IP addresses, which from what I have read on another post may be the issue, but I've tried all the fixes. What should I do? 

2 REPLIES 2

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there @VSO-SOM ,

The most common issue here (and sadly one we have no control over from a UX perspective) with iPads unable to see their ZR in question is that the application is not authorized for Local Network Access. 

You can more about that on Apple Support.  Please try to enable this and see if that resolves your issue.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Shane - Does allowing this access on the iPad solve the issue? I'm currently using an iPad with a Mac Mini but we have a hardware failure. Our IT department wants to change the Mac to a Windows machine and I need to know if the iPad will still work? We are using the iPad as an AV room controller so don't want to switch to a windows controller.