cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Video Lagging and Low Frame Rate

NickFMC
Listener

We recently relocated a Zoom Room to another building across town. Since reconnecting everything, the video sending and receiving are extremely laggy. I'm running a Dell Optiplex with i7, 16GB ram, 3 displays (one touch screen), Logitech Meetup Camera. iPad app and Windows app are up to date. I've installed Logitech software to ensure camera firmware is updated. When I open camera within Logitech app, the video is crisp and clear and no lag. I have to use wifi right now because our network security will block non-domain joined Windows devices. The network speed test revealed over 300MBps down/~50MBps up. I've done of Zoom rooms and we've had better quality with less bandwidth, so I don't think it's network related. Windows updates are current along with drivers. Despite all of that, as soon as I start a meeting the video I'm seeing and being sent is barely 12fps or lower.  I'm not expecting perfect 4K video sending and receiving but something is way off and it's borderline unusable. I'm happy to upload anything I can to elaborate, but as a self-proclaimed Zoom "expert" I'm really stumped. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @NickFMC thank you for the discussion here! Knowing that this Zoom Room has been running over wifi, and you believe you've successfully Upgraded your Zoom Room, do you have any firewall restrictions up? 

You can look into our documentation here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203680389-Firewall-Configuration-for-Zoom-Rooms and confirm your firewall settings to ensure that there are no outbound restrictions configured for Zoom (new location, new setup is how I am thinking)

Make sure that all the ports are correctly open and re-test. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @NickFMC thank you for the discussion here! Knowing that this Zoom Room has been running over wifi, and you believe you've successfully Upgraded your Zoom Room, do you have any firewall restrictions up? 

You can look into our documentation here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203680389-Firewall-Configuration-for-Zoom-Rooms and confirm your firewall settings to ensure that there are no outbound restrictions configured for Zoom (new location, new setup is how I am thinking)

Make sure that all the ports are correctly open and re-test. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RandyYount
Listener

Nick, thanks for posting this.  We recently upgraded our Zoom Rooms to new Dell Optiplex computers and are experiencing the exact same issue as you are.  Were you able to find a solution?  Did Zoom support give you any support at all?  Support for us has been almost non-existant.

RandyYount
Listener

@NickFMC I think I may have stumbled on a solution to the issue with the Dell OptiPlex and Zoom Rooms.  Assuming, like me, Zoom tech support hasn't responded to your issue in a timely manner if at all.  Those computers come with an app called "Dell Optimizer".  That app was constantly popping up a message about poor audio quality and I think (although not certain) was conflicting with the Zoom audio in several ways, either audio picked up on the mics in the room or streaming audio and video into the room.  You can use that app to disable those pop ups as well as optimize for the Zoom room app.  It's too soon to know if that was the solve, but it looks promising.  So far audio tests have been good.  Hope that helps.

NickFMC
Listener

@RandyYount Thanks Randy, apologies for the delay in responding. I ended up enrolling the Optiplex into Zoom device management and applied updates through that portal and after painstakingly applying everything available and about 30 reboots, the issues seem to have been resolved. So it seems a similar approach to the problem. I appreciate you chiming in here. I also agree Zoom's responsiveness has been taking the Microsoft approach to support lately which is definitely not a picture of efficiency.