cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Updates

user121
Listener

Is this some sort of new bug?

We've recently been getting frequent Update Required popups saying "Your app version needs to be higher to start this meeting. Please contact your IT team to update your app."

I am the IT admin for my company so I have access to the Admin account to control our company's Zoom account. When I checked for updates on the Admin account the first time, there weren't any updates available. I restarted the PC and opened up Zoom Rooms, it worked again.

Today we got the same popup error. When I checked the Admin account again there were still no updates available. I restarted Zoom Rooms (instead of the PC this time) and it started working fine again, there were no "Update Required" errors. 

Is this some sort of new bug? Are there any fixes to this issue? We have our Zoom Room setup to update automatically to prevent our users from seeing any of this and causing any delays in their workday.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

user121
Listener

I found the issue. Our Logitech Scheduler Zoom Device was a few updates behind and wouldn't update for some reason, and it was the only Zoom device part of our Zoom room that was not updated to the latest version. For whatever reason, trying to update the device through the Zoom portal wasn't working. However, we didn't really pay any mind to it since the Zoom meetings worked anyways, until very recently. 

I realized the device needed the Logitech update to be pushed through first, then I could send the Zoom updates through and it started working. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Can you confirm which version(s) of Zoom Rooms your affected PCs were running when the alert popped up?

Do all affected Zoom Room PCs show the 'ZDM' icon (indicating that their software deployments are manageable by Zoom) in your Zoom Admin Portal?

We have been running version 5.17.6 64bit. 

Only the Logitech TAP part of our Zoom Room shows the ZDM icon. 

bstrelko

You'll need to enroll the device(s) in ZDM to manage versioning and updates via Zoom.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060137

MitchP
Listener

I, too, are unable to enter my Zoom meeting on my desktop. I currently have version 5.13.3 and have been unsuccessful in downloading the requested 5.14.5. Please advise.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @user121 @Donnatravel @MitchP this maybe due to what's set from the Device management for Zoom admins this suggested is related to Zoom Rooms. This also could be what is set at the Account Level from https://zoom.us/account/setting > General. You will then see a list of what is set for the minimum client version, the minimum client version maybe the latest version release

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @user121 let me know if this reply helps! If so, please do not forget to click that 'Accept as Solution' button; if you're still needing help, please let us know how else we can help you. 🙂 Looking forward to your reply! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

This did not help. 

Donnatravel
Listener

I also have been unable to download 5.14.5    Please advise

user121
Listener

I found the issue. Our Logitech Scheduler Zoom Device was a few updates behind and wouldn't update for some reason, and it was the only Zoom device part of our Zoom room that was not updated to the latest version. For whatever reason, trying to update the device through the Zoom portal wasn't working. However, we didn't really pay any mind to it since the Zoom meetings worked anyways, until very recently. 

I realized the device needed the Logitech update to be pushed through first, then I could send the Zoom updates through and it started working. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Amazing news @user121 thank you for the update! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his