cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Controls: "Public IP is forbidden"

Luca_unipd
Listener

We're setting up a new room where the projector should be turned on or off from the touch panel, but if the device profile uses a public IP (i.e.: not a RFC1918 one) after a few seconds the error "Public IP is forbidden" appears. This does not happen in a similar setup in a different university (same company and hardware).

What could be causing this? Our Zoom "super admin" says there are no options allowing or forbidding public IPs for Room Devices. Are there special firewall rules to use (external to internal; we have no restriction on that LAN for outgoing connections)?

Thanks for your help.

Luca Polo - University of Padua - Italy

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, but there is a hard limitation on the Room Controls side, regardless of how your network is configured. You cannot use a public IP as it currently stands.

bstrelko_0-1697636877721.png

I saw that error, but I thought it was related to some setting, not hardcoded. OK, we'll have to reconfigure the network part.

Thanks,

Luca.

memran
Listener

Luca, We are having same issue "Public IP is forbidden" even though we are using private IP with port number (10.0.0.0:50009). Did you be able to resolve your issue?