cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host-Only Stamp annotation tool

NT3
Listener

Is there a stamp that only the host can use? I'd like to have a host-only stamp, or I'd like to restrict students' access to the Check and Star stamps.

I tutor young kids on Zoom. I share my screen, and both I and my students use annotation tools extensively during tutoring. I use the Stamp tool to quickly show when the student answers an item correctly. I use Check and Star to show correct answers. I don't want the students to be able to use the Check and Star stamps, OR I'd like to have a special stamp that the students can't access.

I've checked the Zoom Apps and community posts, and haven't been able to find a host-only or teacher-only stamp. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

DF110
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @NT3 , we don't have a host-only stamp but I think that's a great idea. Feel free to submit this as a feature request here. 
You can disable participant (student) sharing altogether, but it sounds like that's not the perfect solution but a possible workaround. See screenshot below for this in-meeting setting: 

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.48.56 AM.png

NT3
Listener

Thanks! I submitted it as an idea. Disabling the annotation tools is handy when my students get too distracted by them, but I and my tutees use the annotation tools almost constantly, so I avoid disabling them. I have the students use them to highlight suffixes, to spell words, and to keep the student actively engaged by having them underline while I read, and many other tasks.