cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound caller id showing incorrect number

JAdamson
Listener

We have a user account setup in our Zoom system that, for a while, had the direct number show as the outbound caller ID. (This being in phone system management - users & rooms - user - profile tab).

We changed the outbound caller ID to one of our auto receptionists numbers about 3 days ago. However when the user calls an external user, the old direct phone number still shows. Is there somewhere else we need to make this change? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

You made the change in the correct place.

Have you verified the user is not selecting (changing) the Outbound Caller ID? Also, did you verified there isn't a "manual contact" with the AR telephone number associated with the users (in addition to the former personal DID)? If you haven't, I suggest testing calling to your own mobile to do the test.

Let us know how it goes.

I don't think the user even knows how to change the outbound caller ID so I don't think that's it. I don't see a "manual contact" in the AR anywhere but I may not be looking in the right place. Calling my own cell phone works just fine. 

Vinnie

If calling your mobile works fine, then it is fine. The issue is at the destination: Maybe they have configured somewhere the user's Contact with the AR Number so when there is an incoming call, it shows the "Locally"  configured Caller ID Name. I have seen this many times, it happened to me also. I will suggest calling that the destination so they can check their end:  Maybe they have a CRM where the number is associated to the user in question rather than the company.