cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone recording

Shivanshm
Listener

Hi , Can someone please confirm if cloud recordings of Zoom Phone can be retained for 30+ more days? and also can we divide recordings in multiple folders? download all recordings at once?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Shivanshm,

I researched the answer to your first question some time ago, and the answer is somewhat complex.  Your Zoom internal admin can SET the retention period.  To set the Phone Retention policies, here's the step-by step (I think!):

1. Obviously, log into the Zoom web page for your account.
  2. Go to the ADMIN menu...
  3. Go to the Account Management main menu item...
  4. Go to the Account Settings sub-menu...
  5. Click on the Zoom Phone tab...
  6. Scroll down to the Auto Delete Data After Retention Duration (or use the Find feature of your browser to locate "retention" or just "rete")
  7. If the switch to the right is Off/grey... click to On/blue.  A dialog box pops up.

That dialogue looks something like this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1664997154701.png

Here, your admin can set the retention period to a number of years, months, or day, with Unlimited as a choice.  There are separate settings for each of the items shown.

Also, see this recently updated Zoom Support article (recently revised October 3, 2022) on Zoom Phone policy settings:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033511872-Changing-Zoom-Phone-policy-settings 

I'll research your second and third questions later today and answer separately.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

@Shivanshm,

To your second and third questions:

As best as I can tell from going through the documentation and looking through the Phone configuration pages, there’s no way to bulk download any call recordings or voice mail; likewise, there’s no way to organize these recordings into folders.  The recordings are attached to users, and you can select individual users from the call logs, and then download individual recordings, but not in bulk. 

If bulk downloading is a feature you’d like to see, you should describe your desired feature’s capability in a feature request here:

https://www.zoom.us/feed 

If I find more positive info later, I’ll come back and let you know here. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !