cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls nor send SMS

tagitbrandit
Listener

I've had my Zoom phone for about 2 months, and I've been able to make calls but have been unable to receive calls or text messages. Instead, the call goes to voicemail, and when a voicemail is left, it is not received on my end. I'm also unable to send a text message. The message states, "You do not have a direct number, you cannot start a new conversation."  If anyone is able to help, I'll greatly appreciate it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tagitbrandit .

Sent you an email from your web site.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tagitbrandit .

Sent you an email from your web site.  

Hi, what was the solution to be able to send a text message. As I too have the same issue. I can receive SMS, but not send. Thanks 

tagitbrandit
Listener

Thank you Ray and Z-Span for your help. You were very thorough and patient to walk with me through my problems. 

CharmG
Listener

I can't receive calls from Hawaii. I can send text messages though. Please advice me on what to do with issue as zoom phone is our primary means of communication.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CharmG.

Can you make calls to Hawaii? Can you receive calls from other states?

Hi @Ray_Harwood, yes I can make calls to Hawaii, but unfortunately, my team can't call me back. I can receive calls from other states as well

Ray_Harwood

Interesting. It’ll be a few days before I can send you a private message – I’d like them to try calling my Zoom Phone to see if it’s something in your configuration, or a Zoom issue. And I might see if I can get my co-Champion @Eliot to chime in. 😎

I am thinking, if is it possible to just change my number, and use Honolulu based number.

Ray_Harwood

It might not be necessary … but you could add a Honolulu number for $5/month, and have it automatically roll over to your current number. That could at least be a temporary fix. 

Hi Ray

Thanks for your assistance. 

i am not sure i am following the process? If I already have a NY prefix number (zoom). Then how does having an additional Honolulu prefix number help? Does one enable/forward all SMS sent/received from the Honolulu or NY prefix number? 
is the Honolulu zoom phone nimber  a way to get around the SMS sending problem without a dedicated Us carrier phone number? 
Regards. 

Ray_Harwood

@mcs2 , I’ve been attempting to help @CharmG with receiving calls from Hawaii. Those replies are not directed to you. 

@mcs2, is your phone number assigned to a 10DLC campaign?  It must be, before the main carriers will allow your SMS traffic through their network. 
https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059576 

Hi Ray. I am an individual person with zoom account and phone number registered to my company name,  (a non-US company) where i am sole employee. I tried to register 10DLC however as my company is s non-US it was rejected. Note I am an individual and not a company and living outside of USA. Would it make any difference if i changed my account from my company name to my individual? I can make and receive calls to and from USA as well as in Europe. All i want to be able to do is reply by text from my zoom number. It used to work, now it doesnt. Hope this information is helpful. 

Ray_Harwood

@mcs2 – I sent you a Private Message. 

Hi CharmG, I was able to find a solution with @Ray_Harwood . He walked me through my settings and allowed me to get connected. I did purchase another line for SMS as well. I haven't given it a go just yet, but I'm interested to see how it works. I hope you get the solution you are seeking.