cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing extension from Zoom Phone and setting number as direct dial number

BDes
Listener

Hi,

I'm new to Zoom.  The system assigned me an extension number which I do not need as I am a small business owner and I am the only one that will be using the telephone number.  I want people to be able to call me directly on the number assigned without them having to enter an extension number.  How do I fix this?  I've looked at other posts but was unable to get it working properly.  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi bdes,

Two possible ways to go:

1. Have auto receptionist automatically ring your phone.
  2. Reassign your one number from auto receptionist to your phone.

First approach,

On the Zoom portal,

ADMIN->PHONE SYSTEM MANAGEMENT->AUTO RECEPTIONISTS->Main Auto Receptionist->Profile

Eliot_0-1685316725801.png

Scroll down to Business Hours – Should display 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week.  If not use Edit.

Greeting Prompt – Should display Disable.  If not, use Edit to change to Disable.

Route to – Use Edit to select Route to User

Eliot_1-1685316725796.png

Click in the Search by Name or Ext. box and select yourself as the user to route calls to.  Click OK.

Eliot_2-1685316725776.png

this approach solved a similar issue for another community member.  If this is not what you want, I will be happy to go over second option.

Thanks, eliot

I do not have the ability to "route to user"? We just got Zoom Phone and I am trying to simply text and call and it is the most difficult task making sure all the right boxes are ticked, Please help and go over the second option.

I can confirm the steps that Eilot outlined, worked well.

Tested, called Zoom number and it goes straight thru, doesn't ask to enter an extension number.

thanks for the steps Eliot!

BDes
Listener

Thank you, Eliot!

dlee425
Listener

I have the same problem. When i try and call from my cell phone it only shows extension and will not call out. I have 1 number for my small business. I have a Grandstream phone at my shop  and need to call a customer back when in the field. any help would be appreciated.