cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a zoom phone appliance

Sid_the_dentist
Listener

I am selling a spare Poly CCX500 to a friend who wants to have a zoom phone. When I remove it from my account in the settings I get a message that "plugging it back in will re-add it to your account" Does that mean when my friend goes to set it up he will get the "this phone is already registered to another user, you must send pictures of the phone in your possession to support"? Is there a way to avoid that safety dance? I haven't been overwhelmed thus far by Zoom support customer service"

Thank you,

Seth

1 REPLY 1

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I strongly suggest you test it. POLY has a database telling where the phone is attached to a particular provider so it gets redirected there, in this case, Zoom. I doubt it will get stuck to your account, especially if you remove the MAC Address and your Friend adds it. Make sure you:

1) Do a Factor Reset of the CCX500

2) Give all the configuration information (MAC Address and exact Phone Model) to your fried it gets configured in the new Zoom Account, and then follow the "ZTP" (Assisted Provisioning) process.

3) It is possible that a phone call to POLY (HP) might be necessary to let them know, but I recall having to register the phone online so your friend might need to do the same.