cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls on my Android Phone

TTX
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm new to Zoom Phone.  I personally use an Android phone.  When I add my cell phone # to my call handling, my phone will pop up when someone calls me, but I get the regular Android phone face and can't access any Zoom Options. If I remove my phone number from the call handling, my Android will ring, but there is no pop up and I have to unlock my phone and go into the Zoom App to accept it.  Am I doing something wrong? My business partner uses an Iphone and it works perfect.  Any suggestions?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @TTX 

Is there perhaps an option on the Android in the Settings for how Notifications for individual apps show? I use an iPhone and there is an option as to whether the a Notification should show on the Lock Screen.

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

enielsen
Contributor I
Contributor I

If your phone has Battery Optimization features enabled, probably want to exclude the Zoom app from that as well so app is not put to sleep in a way that prevents notifications.  

FORE-Craig

That seems logical to me. 

Thank you so much!

Craig

9 REPLIES 9

enielsen
Contributor I
Contributor I

So the issue is that receiving calls on Android while the phone is locked is requiring you to unlock the phone first - correct?

TTX
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes. When I remove my number in the Call Handling it will ring on my phone, but there is no pop up and I have to unlock my phone, open the zoom app, go to calls and then accept it....  If I have my phone number listed in the call handling, the call will pop up and ring and I can answer it without unlocking phone, but then I only get my phone screen with no zoom options. below is a screen shot of both

FORE-Craig

Hi @TTX 

Is there perhaps an option on the Android in the Settings for how Notifications for individual apps show? I use an iPhone and there is an option as to whether the a Notification should show on the Lock Screen.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Thank you so much. I went into the app on phone and changed a couple settings. It is working perfect. Thank you so much.  

FORE-Craig

Excellent!  You're welcome!

Would you mind sharing which settings you changed so that others who have the same issue  can find a quick answer!

Thank you,

Craig

Sure. I'm assuming by changing both is what made it work. I didn't change one and try and try the other one and try again. When looking at the Zoom App settings, It just looked like I needed to chane both...

I turned on the notifications and I also unchecked the box for "remove permission if app is unused".  See picture

FORE-Craig

That seems logical to me. 

Thank you so much!

Craig

enielsen
Contributor I
Contributor I

If your phone has Battery Optimization features enabled, probably want to exclude the Zoom app from that as well so app is not put to sleep in a way that prevents notifications.  

Good idea, thank you so much. I just changed that setting to Unrestricted. 

And for anyone that does not know how to do that. Go into your Zoom App, click on Battery and you have

3 options.  Unrestricted - Optimized - Restricted