cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually set Call Forward from a DESK PHONE

kbudurka
Listener

Hi.

I am currently trialing the Zoom Phone solution.

I have many little stores with 3-12 phones. Today, most have some kinds of very old PBX.

Our phone vendor setup logic on these PBX's that a user could open a line and dial *72.

This *72 dial would prompt the user for a phone number to call forward too. Users could dial *73 to take the call forward off the line.

In Zoom, I have set business hours and I setup an external contact to our after-hours service. If a store closes at 5, the system automatically starts sending calls to the after hours service at 5:01.

My "users" are not computer people. We use a PC with a green screen emulator to access our AS/400 database. We don't want to rely on training a user to access zoom via a web browser and and setting up call forwarding. We need the ability to call forward manually for a viarity of reasons. Think of a snow storm. If we close early, we would want to forward the phones. We had a store all catch covid and had to shut down for a few days. etc.

In the site I am trialing now, I am using a Yealink T42S phone right now.

Can anyone suggest a way to manually setup call forwarding using a desk phone only?

Thank you.

Keith Budurka

McCarthy Tire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

both poly and yealink have options to forward calls. 

on yealink desk phone, main menu>features>call forward>enter>always forward>enter>select on>forward to>enter telephone number>save.  to turn call forward off, main menu>features>call forward>enter>always forward>enter>select off>save.

please see Using and customizing DTMF codes – Zoom Support

Quick start guide for Yealink T4/T5 series – Zoom Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot

both poly and yealink have options to forward calls. 

on yealink desk phone, main menu>features>call forward>enter>always forward>enter>select on>forward to>enter telephone number>save.  to turn call forward off, main menu>features>call forward>enter>always forward>enter>select off>save.

please see Using and customizing DTMF codes – Zoom Support

Quick start guide for Yealink T4/T5 series – Zoom Support

enielsen
Participant

You can use the desk phone's built in call forwarding features - but will only forward calls made to the extension assigned to the phone. If you are using shared line appearances, call queues, etc that also go to this desk phone, those will not be forwarded.