cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SMS to short codes not supported by Zoom Phone?

Boyan
Attendee

Hi everyone,

Is SMS to short codes not supported by Zoom Phone? We have rolled Zoom Phone for about 5 months now and I've observed that our users can receive SMS from short codes just fine but they can not reply. If anyone attempts to reply or send a new SMS to short code they get an error. 10DLC works just fine both in and out for SMS and our users love it but for some reason we can not SEND SMS to short codes; just receive?

For example, Samsung 74863 or any other 5-digit long legit U.S. short code.

Thanks

Boyan

3 REPLIES 3

OpsEdie
Listener

I'm having the same issue. We just ported our entire company over to Zoom and only now am I realizing that we can't reply to SMS short codes (which means everyone will have to use personal cell phones for signing up for mailing lists, confirming appointments, etc.). Gosh... this is a really big gap in Zoom phones! Why isn't everyone mentioning that in reviews of Zoom?! And more... why isn't Zoom fixing that ASAP. It's kinda like opening a restaurant but you don't have forks.

Boyan
Attendee

Glad I'm not alone; keep us posted Zoom

Almus
Listener

Has anyone heard anything from Zoom about why this isn't supported or when it will be supported? Users cant even reply "STOP" to these numbers so they can't opt out of the spam they are receiving.