cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVR route to Operator and no answer

csandoval
Listener

Is there a way to return to a GENERAL voicemail box if routing to an operator with no answer?  Right now it just dumps to the Operator's personal voicemail, but I would rather it return to a general voicemail box for access by multiple people.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi csandoval,

Instead of routing directly to operator, you could route calls to the operator to a call queue (operator call queue) with the user assigned to be the ‘operator’ as a member of the call queue.  If the operator does not pick up the call, then the call can be routed to the auto receptionist voice mail as the overflow option.  Please see screen shot of call queue overflow option to route unanswered calls to the auto receptionist voice mail.

Eliot_0-1714500267957.png

Eliot_1-1714500267960.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot

hi csandoval,

Please see:

Sharing voicemail inbox access (zoom.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Sadly, no.  I'm not trying to share access to a VM box.  I'm trying to ring a user acting as an operator, but then return to the main line general VM if no answer.  Te only option I see from the IVR is to route the call to the user and leave it.  In other phone systems I've used, you can ring the number and return prior to the user VM answering.

Eliot

hi csandoval,

Instead of routing directly to operator, you could route calls to the operator to a call queue (operator call queue) with the user assigned to be the ‘operator’ as a member of the call queue.  If the operator does not pick up the call, then the call can be routed to the auto receptionist voice mail as the overflow option.  Please see screen shot of call queue overflow option to route unanswered calls to the auto receptionist voice mail.

Eliot_0-1714500267957.png

Eliot_1-1714500267960.png

thanks,  eliot