cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: 4301804

KHK
Listener

Through the Zoom app, the phone will not receive or make any outgoing calls when on cellular. This problem just recently started occurring. How do I reconnect the phone so that I may call and receive calls?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @LukeK Ill try to give as much context as I can. Zoom client 5.16.0 on iOS is unable to obtain the DNS server address; it seems by design is that if there is no DNS server address, it will use 8.8.8.8 (the most common DNS server today aka Google) as the default DNS; however, if this address has been disabled on your network, this will result in this issue

It appears that engineering has a solution in place that will be implemented in version 5.16.1. Please keep an eye out for an update within the App Store for Zoom in the next 2-3 days; however, as a workaround you can configure your DNS server in the meantime to establish your calls

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

mcitroni86
Listener

I was having the same issue. They literally just released a 5.16.1 update in the app store for iOS. After I updated this it works now on my iPhone.  

Looks like the update for 5.16.1 in the app store released sometime this afternoon PST.  I was literally checking in the morning and it was still on 5.16.0.  But I can also confirm that the newer version does resolve the issue for all our users affected.

14 REPLIES 14

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi khk,

your issue may be specific to what you are using.

what cell phone are you using, what version of cell phone software are you using, which mobile carrier are you using and what version of the zoom mobile app are you using?

thanks,

eliot

jkenepaske-shb
Listener

I am experiencing this issue in our environment with several users. Works on Android but not iOS.

iOS 16.6.1

Zoom app v 5.16.0

T-Mobile network

Eliot

hi jkenepaske-shb,

try completely uninstalling zoom client and or app and then reinstalling.  use cleanzoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

PCISupport
Listener

We have the same issue on an iPhone running iOS 16.7

LukeK
Listener

The same issue here, started after the latest app update. iPhone 12, iOS 16.6

Update:

Updated to iOS17, reinstalled zoom app (Version 5.16.0) and I still have the same issue.

Unable to connect to server (code: 4301804)

jkenepaske-shb
Listener

@Eliot, how do you run CleanZoom on iOS?

I opened a ticket with Zoom and this is what they came back with: 

Upon checking, this is a known issue and will be addressed on the next version: 5.16.1 and is awaiting to be published in the App store. Another option is also to download to the previous version 5.15.x.

Eliot

hi kkenepaske-shb,

nice to know that it will be addressed in ios app 5.16.1.  i checked app store not available yet to me.  as i understand the zoom update release process, zoom rolls out updates over a few days.

ios release notes state:

September 25*, 2023 version 5.16.1
*Note: The iOS release has been delayed and is expected to be available later this week.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361943-Release-notes-for-iOS

to completely uninstall zoom app on ios,

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
  4. Tap Zoom.
  5. Tap Delete App.
  6. When prompted with Deleting "Zoom" will also delete all of its documents and data. This action can't be undone, tap Delete App.
  7. Once completed, reinstall Zoom on the iOS App Store

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

thanks,  eliot

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @KHK @LukeK @jkenepaske-shb @PCISupport first, can you please confirm you are experience this on macOS or iOS? If so, this maybe due to DNS not configured or incorrectly configured.

You can attempt to set the following to see if this resolves your issue:

On Mac:

1. Update the local DNS

1. Go to Mac > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS

2. Add 8.8.8.8 on the DNS servers as the top priority.

28b2db44-86a7-4cf7-a40b-fc59dd492e01.png

On IOS:

Change the DNS server to google 8.8.8.8 by doing the steps below.

1. Open Settings.

2. Tap on Wi-Fi. If it's switched off, turn it on.

3. Pick a Wi-Fi network and tap on the blue i icon.

4. Tap Configure DNS and select Manual.

5. Tap Add Server and add DNS address: 8.8.8.8

6. Tap Save.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue; if not, suggest Sending a Zoom Phone problem report and reaching out to Zoom Support by Submitting a ticket

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Why would DNS impact this?

The issue started after zoom app update - how would DNS be affected by app update?

Furthermore, only telephony part of the zoom app is affected, the video conferencing works as intended.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @LukeK Ill try to give as much context as I can. Zoom client 5.16.0 on iOS is unable to obtain the DNS server address; it seems by design is that if there is no DNS server address, it will use 8.8.8.8 (the most common DNS server today aka Google) as the default DNS; however, if this address has been disabled on your network, this will result in this issue

It appears that engineering has a solution in place that will be implemented in version 5.16.1. Please keep an eye out for an update within the App Store for Zoom in the next 2-3 days; however, as a workaround you can configure your DNS server in the meantime to establish your calls

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

H_T
Listener

Our company is experiencing the same issue.  Affected users aren't able to use their Zoom phone, and gets the same error code.

H_T
Listener

Our company is experiencing the same issue.  Affected users aren't able to use their Zoom phone on their work cell.  Our users are using iOS with T mobile service.  Already have support tickets up with Zoom, but never got any response back like @jkenepaske-shb about Zoom confirming it was a Zoom issue and that there will be a patch released soon for it.  At this point it looks like we are just getting the silent treatment until a fix rolls out.

mcitroni86
Listener

I was having the same issue. They literally just released a 5.16.1 update in the app store for iOS. After I updated this it works now on my iPhone.  

Looks like the update for 5.16.1 in the app store released sometime this afternoon PST.  I was literally checking in the morning and it was still on 5.16.0.  But I can also confirm that the newer version does resolve the issue for all our users affected.