cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ease of use - updating a personal voice mail greeting

JohnGage
Listener

The process of using Zoom.us to update a personal voice mail greeting feels unnecessarily cumbersome.  Once logged in to the site the user has to remember if they are supposed to update Greeting & Menu: Connect to operator or leave voicemail  or are they supposed to update Leave voicemail instruction?

Once in the correct section it's 7 additional clicks to get to the point they can re-record their greeting.  

I'll ignore the fact that I can't prevent users from using the Zoom text to speech feature or at least eliminate the terribly unprofessional voice options.

It's too much for some users.  To that end I've considered having them use *86 to simply record over their previous greeting.  Doing so mimics traditional phone systems.  Without having to remember *86 or use the Zoom.us process, how can a user gain access to their mailbox setup?  I can't create a contact since *86 is an invalid phone number format.  

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Ceezy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @JohnGage 

I hope this message finds you well.  I agree that the easiest way to change your voicemail is using the *86 from your desk phone.  
Tip: This key code also works on the desktop client and mobile app.

I recommend leaving feedback about the user experience changing voicemail here: https://zoom.us/feed

If you believe this is an acceptable solution to your post, please make sure to click "Accept as a solution"

Thank you for choosing Zoom!