cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Common Area Voicemail greeting

BW31
Listener

Hello,

We have a few common area locations that have active mailboxes.  They also need to change the greeting quite often.  Right now, the only way I know of changing the greeting is by me uploading a new file.  I would like the end user to be able to change the greeting on the phone that is sitting there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello BW31.

Since I haven't seen Common Area Locations (CAL) management something you can define granularly in "Role Management" (I think that is the case), it might make sense not to use the "built-in" Voicemail to provide the Greetings and Recording.

Here is my suggestion (Assuming you have only a few of these Common Area Location):

1. Create either a "Dummy Call Queue" only to be used as a Voicemail Repository for each of these CALs in a way that goes directly to plays a Voicemail Greeting and receive the recording.
  2. Use this CQ as the "overflow" destination for the CAL
  3. Create a "Call Queue Admin Role" so you can provide these users the capability to manage their own Call Queue, and that includes the "VM Greeting"
  4. Instead of uploading a file every time, use the Text-To-Speech to generate and manage the VM Greetings...it works very good.

An alternative, if you don't mind giving the users more Zoom Phone Admin Access is to generate these VM Greetings and save them as "Voicemail Audio" in the "Zoom Phone Asset Management" so you can keep using the CAL's VM, but now the users only have to change the incumbent's VM Audio File to keep it updated.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Vinnie

Hello BW31.

Since I haven't seen Common Area Locations (CAL) management something you can define granularly in "Role Management" (I think that is the case), it might make sense not to use the "built-in" Voicemail to provide the Greetings and Recording.

Here is my suggestion (Assuming you have only a few of these Common Area Location):

1. Create either a "Dummy Call Queue" only to be used as a Voicemail Repository for each of these CALs in a way that goes directly to plays a Voicemail Greeting and receive the recording.
  2. Use this CQ as the "overflow" destination for the CAL
  3. Create a "Call Queue Admin Role" so you can provide these users the capability to manage their own Call Queue, and that includes the "VM Greeting"
  4. Instead of uploading a file every time, use the Text-To-Speech to generate and manage the VM Greetings...it works very good.

An alternative, if you don't mind giving the users more Zoom Phone Admin Access is to generate these VM Greetings and save them as "Voicemail Audio" in the "Zoom Phone Asset Management" so you can keep using the CAL's VM, but now the users only have to change the incumbent's VM Audio File to keep it updated.

I hope this helps.

BW31
Listener

Thank you for the reply.  I will check this out, as it will also work for another issue, I have with changing greetings on our Auto Reception also.  I do not have the ability to assign roles, so I will need to do some testing before I get the permissions.  

Vinnie

It makes sense, testing it is step one to make sure it is actually practical without causing a management headache. I am sure somebody should be able to create the Roles for you and allocate the right people to manage the Greetings for both the AR and the CQ, and also the CQ Membership. Zoom Roles are very good giving you that granular capacity for the users to be self-sufficient for those day-to-day changes.

ADMIN > User Management > Roles > Phone and create duplicates to the "Phone Site Admin" and "Call Queue Admin" and then enable only the needed options for the users managing these things.
The next steps are simply selecting inside the Roles only the options you want them to manage ("Role Settings"), then the people needing the access ("Role Members"), and then for each of the members you can select "Manage Targets" and only allow access to specific AR and CQ. 

I don't think the Zoom Administrators will give you a hard time to create such specific "Roles" for you to use.

Good luck with your testing!

BW31
Listener

Thank you for your help.  I have reached out to the people that can give me the access.  I have tested the concept and it worked flawless.  

Bryan

Vinnie

Happy to help!