cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Contacts List on Zoom client

Pdelangel
Listener

Hi, I enabled “Show users, groups, and Zoom Room under Contacts” and now some of our common area phones are listed under “Desk Phones” under All Contacts. How can I remove this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Pdelangel 

Are you taking about the option in the Zoom Web Portal under Admin > User Management > Contacts which for me shows as "Show 'All Contacts' on Zoom application"? (see attached)

Are your Common Area Phones logged in with a specific user?

Craig

Hi Craig, 

Yes, that's what I was talking about. However, I noticed that even if I don't enable it, "desk phones" appear in the Zoom app under all contacts. All the contacts that appear under desk phones are common area phones (see attached picture). The only I seem to be able to get rid of them under contacts is if I delete the common area phone on the portal. When I re-added the desk phone on the portal, it re-appeared on under the contact list.

FORE-Craig

Hi @Pdelangel ,

That's interesting. The Desk Phones group appears for us, and we do have 1 Common Area Phone; however the Common Area Phone does not appear there, nor do any of our Desk Phones assigned to Users appear in that section. The Company Contacts are populated correctly, as well as Imported Contacts (which are the External Contacts set up under Phone System Management > Company Info.

There was Enhancement phased in a few months ago called the New Common Area Phone Experience. In your web portal when you go to Phone System Management > Users and Rooms > Common Areas, does it show a message at the top of the screen that refers to this? 

Craig