cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update difficulty

Sherry695
Listener

Zoom is asking that I update to the 5.12.2 version. Through the chat box, they suggest clicking on the profile picture, then check for updates. When I click on my profile picture I do not get a drop down menu, but see my name, plans and billing and sign out.

The chat box suggested I ask in this forum.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it. Do I need to uninstall an reinstall the app?

6 REPLIES 6

Wendyle
Listener

I can not log into a meeting on my laptop   how do i update 

Me either, at this point, but I can do it from my phone. Seems this is a fairly new development, and other people are experiencing the same problem.

once I sign in, I get a notice on my laptop saying that I need to update to the 5.12.2 version and to contact my IT admin.. which is me. 
I tried the chat box, but they did not have a solution. I was able to change my password. If you can click your profile picture and have a drop down menu that says check for updates, click that. 
in my case, I do not get that same drop down menu.

BarbarainTexas
Listener

I have the same issue and am perplexed about how to fix it. I have used Zoom since the pandemic and this is the first major glitch. 

kaboom
Listener

Wow! I am still perplexed that the issue has not been resolved yet.

kaboom
Listener

I found a solution that wasn't told to us, and it works. Please follow these directions?

Someone stated this "I got around this by downloading it directly here: Download Center - Zoom 8.5k

Make sure to click the link that says “for Macs with Apple Silicon chips, click here to download.”

When you go to this website that they are directing us, it is the first download icon that we see. You will see in small print that says: for Macs with Apple Silicon chips" Please follow these steps? It is working on my laptop now.

ksorvig
Listener

Same problem. The "help" description of what i should see when I click my profile photo bear ZERO resemblance to what actually appears.  As this seems to be the only route to "check updates" I am SOL. Zoom's website has to be one of the very worst EVER for circular references to help or procedures that don't exist and/or don't work.  Ready to switch to some other software.