cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen freezes with version 5.15.6 windows 10

jimi
Listener

After updating to version 5.15.6, I saw screen freezes and audio breakups during a two-person meeting (the other end was freezing on my end, they noticed no problem on theirs).

Statistics showed no problems.

Have others seen this?

5 REPLIES 5

KeyWrangler
Listener

Yes, Zoom has almost always frozen video, happening since last winter. Sometimes within seconds, sometimes a bit into the session. When I exit the session and rejoin, video is restored but freezes again.  It has made Zoom completely unreliable, and has the same reflection on me. Very upsetting, to say the least.

jimi
Listener

With 5.15.7 the problem is gone. Don't know if it was a problem with 5.15.6 or something else, but it's gone.

KeyWrangler
Listener

I updated it before each session, but don't recall about the very latest session.  I've finally discovered that I can see the Version by starting Zoom on my desktop, clicking on my profile image to get a menu that includes About and the program data.  I updated the other day, but it says I have V 5.15.5 (19404).  Will check for a further update.  Grrr..
(Have updated to V 5.15.7 (20303)  Will check back after a Zoom session next week. )

bobkhan
Listener

try using this in your web browser instead. edge or chrome works best for this.  https://pwa.zoom.us/wc/  
its the browser version of zoom

Thanks.  I tried reverting to browser-based Zoom, via the link provided during the join process.  I default to Firefox, by choice.  The result was painfully slow and the interface features seemed limited.  Virtually unusable.  If there's a dedicated Zoom app for browser use, I was unaware of it, and hopefully it won't be needed.  In any app, kludges to achieve basic usability are not a solution.