cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording- offered to save to cloud

monique3
Listener

I had an important meeting two days ago.  I had double checked where the recording would save locally on my laptop.  When I pressed record, it asked if I wanted to save it to the cloud.  I selected yes.  I assumed it was saving it to my cloud.  Now I can't find the recording.  I can hardly breathe...I didn't take notes as I could see it was recording:(   I do not have a paid subscription.  The host does.  She had granted me permissions for screen sharing and recording.  Does the OG host have the file?  I saw it actively recording.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @monique3.  As @ccameron suggested, a Basic account normally can't record to the cloud for a meeting that they host on their account, but if you are made a Host or Co-Host of a meeting created by a Paid account, you'll be offered the opportunity to start the recording to the cloud area of the meeting creator.

Since you were offered the opportunity to record to the cloud, the only place it could have been stored is on the meeting creator's cloud storage.  If she says she doesn't have it, it's possible it was deleted... but that's where it went when the meeting ended.

Sorry if you are now unable to retrieve it.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

monique3
Listener

Ok. Thanks all. I’ve asked her to double check her files/recordings. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey @monique3,

When a cloud recording is initiated, it'll be saved to the host of the meetings cloud recordings.

I'd recommend reaching out to the host and asking them to share.

More info on accessing and sharing cloud recordings is below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-and-sharing-cloud-recordings

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

I chose ‘cloud recording’ but I don’t have a paid account. Is it odd that it offered me a cloud recording without a paid account??

The meeting initiator says she doesn’t have the recording. She made me host once the meeting had already started.  Ug. Sad and confused. 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @monique3.  As @ccameron suggested, a Basic account normally can't record to the cloud for a meeting that they host on their account, but if you are made a Host or Co-Host of a meeting created by a Paid account, you'll be offered the opportunity to start the recording to the cloud area of the meeting creator.

Since you were offered the opportunity to record to the cloud, the only place it could have been stored is on the meeting creator's cloud storage.  If she says she doesn't have it, it's possible it was deleted... but that's where it went when the meeting ended.

Sorry if you are now unable to retrieve it.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

monique3
Listener

Ok. Thanks all. I’ve asked her to double check her files/recordings.