cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording has no audio when using external Mic

Mofara
Listener

Recording a meeting using external mic doesn't record the voice, despite testing confirming the right set up , and the mic icon is a headset.

I have a MAC, and external Mic is Audio Technica

In settings I have done the following:

1. Set external Mic as input in Sound

2. In Mic in the privacy,  I have given access to zoom

When recording, the mic icon is a headset. I select the arrow next to it and I set the audio to point to the external mic. 

When I press record it say no audio and asks me to join, and test which I do and still no sound on the recording.

I have tried recording to cloud as well as computer

I have disconnected the mic, cleared the cache and nothing works.

I managed to make the external mic work when recording while testing prior to a meeting. On meeting day, I tested it again and it records without sound. I have read all the help material and tried everything

Appreciate your help as its driving me mad as I've tried everything

1 REPLY 1

deaconjoepbmm
Listener

Ours is similar for the passed 2 Sunday services. We use a Focusrite mix from our mix out to the computer USB & select focusrite source. We've been selecting "original sound" to kill the "echo suppression". But we recently experienced sound cut out after 11 seconds of recording. I listen, with ear buds, on my phone to monitor what's being broadcast. Didn't notice a problem until I downloaded the 2 recordings. Now zoom service support won't validate my ID on the phone. Can't speak to a human.