cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to establish secure connection to Zoom" message won't go away -

SMWTMS
Listener

"Unable to establish secure connection to Zoom" message won't go away. I click "OK" to acknowledge the information. Box goes away and comes back in seconds. Repeats. Interferes with trying to troubleshoot the internet connection. Box should not interfere with troubleshooting the internet issue.  Zoom needs to fix this so the box is not always in the way.  

3 REPLIES 3

Jameswalter
Participant

Login to Zoom profile on web browser. Sign out and sign in again from Zoom Desktop app/Make sure Zoom app is updated to Latest version for Not connected error message on Zoom App.

georgieg
Listener

I was able to fix this issue - through contacting them by email. It worked on my Mac. Hope this helps someone.

*Open the Zoom desktop application.

• Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
    georgieg_0-1673725241170.png

• Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
    georgieg_1-1673725241169.png

• Restart your Mac
  • Reinstall Zoom via zoom.us/support/download

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community.

I can confirm this is a known error currently affecting some macOS users. For troubleshooting, please follow the steps outlined in this article: Zoom error message "Unable to establish secure connection to Zoom".

As @georgieg mentioned, uninstalling Zoom, rebooting your device, and then reinstalling does the trick for most users. 

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?