cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password by email

avbova
Listener

I am facilitating weekly meetings with up to 90 people, which they have paid for.  Currently, with much smaller meetings, I email them the Zoom link. However, as this meeting grows, I would need the meeting to be password protected. 

I do not want to send out a password because inevitably, there will be people that don't have it, and during the meeting, I will be put into an admin role and try to get people the password, as opposed to facilitating the meeting.  I tried this in the past, but it doesn't work. It creates more headaches than a solution. 

Is there a way in which their email address allows them access? If not, does anyone have another idea on how to provide a solution? 

Currently, I am not using an e-learning platform, but I might in the near future.  

Please note - I am not technical, so please reply in laymen's terms. 

Thank you,

Anthony

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @avbova welcome to the community! I would suggest first looking into the knowledge base article on Embedding meeting passcode in invite link where users can just click on the invite link and automatically join the meeting without the passcode prompt. 

You could also leverage Using a Waiting Room with that you can send all participants to the waiting room when joining your meeting, or you can allow participants from your Zoom account and participants with specified domains to bypass the waiting room, from where you mentioned allowing specific emails to "give them access", with this option you can also disable the passcode, as you need at least one security option enabled. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!