cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meeting one tap mobile - profile name

JoF1
Listener

We are finding that meeting attendees who use the one tap mobile link, do not have a profile name and cannot set a profile name. Is there a workaround? 
If we set authentification settings to require a zoom account - will this affect one tap mobile joinees? Or can they still join without a zoom account/login? 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JoF1.

Just to clarify, there's a difference between using the one-tap mobile link to join phone-audio-only versus using the Join link on a phone.

If they are using the Join link to join the meeting on their Zoom Client App on the mobile device, they just need to log in to the Zoom Web Portal (https://zoom.us/profile) before clicking the link.

If you set the Authentication Required, a user must be logged in to a Zoom account in order to join the meeting.  There are ways to set domain-specific exceptions, but I've not seen this used, so can't comment.

What I do not know is whether a phone-audio-only user clicking the 1-tap to get audio access can be admitted when Authentication Required is set.  I'd recommend setting up a test meeting with Authentication Required and seeing if it works.  If you find out, please come back and let us know!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !