cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

libcef.so

Alex35
Listener

I updated zoom today using the Ubuntu 16.04+ 64bit (5.12.2.4816) .deb package.

I get

/opt/zoom/zoom: error while loading shared libraries: libcef.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm running Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

How do I get this resolved as there is a libcef.so in the /opt/zoom/cef directory

I tried the chatbot system who then put me to support and support said no support for my account speak to my admin, however, he's very non-technical so I've no idea if the message will even reach zoom support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vance1
Listener

I had the same problem on the same OS.  After trying a few things, i ended up purging zoom and then installing it again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

vance1
Listener

I had the same problem on the same OS.  After trying a few things, i ended up purging zoom and then installing it again.

Sorry, I forgot to come back and post an update, I did more or less the same thing and it sprang into life in time for meetings at the end of the week.

I tried doing the same but it does not work for me with zoom version 5.12.9 (367) any other Idea?

$ /opt/zoom/zoom
/opt/zoom/zoom: error while loading shared libraries: libcef.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ find /opt/zoom -name libcef*
/opt/zoom/cef/libcef.so

try   /usr/bin/zoom

/opt/zoom/zoom results in the same error for me, but just typing zoom on at the prompt runs /usr/bin/zoom which works for me.

In my particular case, I had /opt as a symbolic link to another filesystem. That works for some applications, but it didn't work for Zoom. My solution was to create a local path /local_opt, move zoom from /opt to /local_opt, and then create a script in /usr/local/bin to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and call /local_opt/zoom.

sergioabreu
Listener

It is a shame that Zoom provides weak support to Linux. I was forced to update zoom and when I downloaded the new .deb, simply doesn't work. Many shared libraries are NOT INSTALLED by the .deb including libcef.so libffmpeg.co, libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 etc...

I was forced to abandon zoom in Linux and install it in Windows. THAT'S A SHAME

-JR-
Listener

Same here. I boldly copied an old libcef.so from Version 5.17.1 (1840) to the new installation (Version 6.0.2 (4680) ).

It fires up and and is running. This applied to both the openSUSE version and the tar.file-Version.

I can take part in any zoom session. However logging in results in a crash again. So far no error message available. Cannot read the logs.