cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different people need to schedule meetings

WebsterHist
Listener

A small nonprofit has a paid Zoom account.  We need 8 different people, using 8 (or more) different computers to schedule and run meetings using the same gmail login information.  We get a request for a one-time passcode from Zoom, but the gmail account actually denies access to get that code (because of the unknown computer).  I realize both Zoom and gmail are trying to ensure security, but this situation is unworkable for us.

So...question:  is there a way to turn off the Zoom request to enter a one-time passcode?  If not, is there a way to have just a permanent passcode? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @WebsterHist and @RiseNShine :

Unfortunately, having multiple people access a single Zoom account is against Zoom Terms of Service.  You’re unlikely to get support from Zoom Staff on your specific request.  As a volunteer here in the Zoom Community, though, I’ll help you out with my recommendation. 

There is a work a workaround  which may or may not meet your needs, but at least it’s within the Zoom TOS. Designate one person to access the account to schedule meetings, then have other users who will be acting as host use the Host Key feature as described in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key 

Note that Meetings would need to be set up for Join Before Host and not use Waiting Rooms. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiseNShine
Listener

We have this same issue as well. We have different people that log into our admin account to chair the meeting. However, with the new passcode requirement being sent to our gmail - we can't access the passcode. How do we turn this off? We want people on "unrecognized" devices to be able to log into our admin account. I look forward to hearing other people's responses.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @WebsterHist and @RiseNShine :

Unfortunately, having multiple people access a single Zoom account is against Zoom Terms of Service.  You’re unlikely to get support from Zoom Staff on your specific request.  As a volunteer here in the Zoom Community, though, I’ll help you out with my recommendation. 

There is a work a workaround  which may or may not meet your needs, but at least it’s within the Zoom TOS. Designate one person to access the account to schedule meetings, then have other users who will be acting as host use the Host Key feature as described in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key 

Note that Meetings would need to be set up for Join Before Host and not use Waiting Rooms. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you for your response and suggestion.  We will likely not renew this account because of this issue. 

Thanks for the reply.  Very helpful.  We have the same issue.  The problem is that it is so flipping hard to find out the information - If Zoom want us to pay more, they should be a lot more up front about it - have it as one of the FAQs or something.  We don't mind paying more, it is the lack of transparency, and difficulty getting an answer until I finally managed to spend an hour or two researching!  Thank you for your service.