cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't join due to needing update

Bement
Listener

When I tried to login to a zoom meeting, it said I needed to contact my IT department as I needed the latest version.

I tried to manually download the newest update.

I tried removing the Chrome extension.

I tried rebooting my computer.

I tried using the zoom chat bot

I tried clicking on my icon and search for updates but that wasn't listed.

I tried scheduling my own meeting and starting it.

I tried everything I can think of but I still get the message that I need to update.

When I open zoom from scratch, the version number at the bottom of the screen seems to match the version I need.

I tried joining from the browser but the access code for the meeting was incorrect and I couldn't contact anyone through chat to get the meeting password (that isn't a zoom issue, just had the wrong password 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

• Uninstall Zoom.
  • Download the most recent version of Zoom
  • Install the download.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bement
Listener

Needless to say, I am an individual. I don't have an IT department.

theCODE_Ottawa
Listener

Same problem.  Still searching for how to get the Windows client updated.

Frank_TB

Hello,

• Uninstall Zoom.
  • Download the most recent version of Zoom
  • Install the download.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thanks.  Uninstall then reinstall worked fine.  That's an unusual procedure these days and certainly was not indicated by the error message.  How I'm going to get some friends in their 80's and 90's to find and app and uninstall it, find the download and run the install will remain a challenge.  Someone dropped the ball testing this update! (IMHO).

Can't find the "Accept Solution" button anywhere in Chrome on Windows, but if I could, I'd press it!

It did take me a while to delete all of zoom from my computer. At first I thought I had deleted it, but it was just the Chrome App, not the actual program on my computer. Once I deleted the actual program, when I logged onto zoom and clicked the download, it did it automatically. Thanks!