cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blur background

cisem
Listener

my background is blur but i didnt do it like that. when I go to settings and open, my background, option is none, not the blur. But still my background is blur.

4 REPLIES 4

lpicon
Listener

im having the same issue

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @lpicon.  

If Zoom isn’t doing it, check your camera settings outside of Zoom. Some cameras will do this before having the image off to Zoom. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

malaika121
Listener

Hi @cisem 

There are a few possible reasons why your Zoom background is blurred even though you haven't enabled it.

• Your computer may be running a recent version of Zoom that has auto-blur enabled by default. To check this, open Zoom and go to Settings > Background & Filters. If the Blur option is selected, deselect it to disable auto-blur.
  • You may be using a virtual machine or remote desktop software. Zoom will sometimes blur the background in virtual machines and remote desktop sessions, even if auto-blur is disabled.
  • There may be a problem with your computer's graphics card or drivers. Try updating your graphics card drivers to see if this fixes the issue.

If you've tried all of the above and your background is still blurred, you may need to contact Zoom support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Try restarting your computer.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom.
  • Try using a different Zoom account.
  • Try using Zoom on a different computer.

polowood
Listener

This started happening to me in the past week, it seemed to coincide with my upgrade of the macos to Sonoma, but that might be a coincidence. Here are some of my observations:
1. The camera sends very sharp images to obs, and teams, but zoom slightly blurs the background even though blurring has been turned off. So it is not a problem with the camera or the laptop.
2. I usually do all my processing in OBS, I replace my background in OBS, and it produces and very sharp image of me from the camera and the background from OBS, Teams displays it just fine, but zoom blurs the very sharp background that OBS sends while keeping my image sharp. So, zoom is the one processing the image even if it has been told to leave it alone.
3. If I turn blurring on in Zoom, the background gets even blurrier but my image remains clear. So, it is not due to the visible "Blur" function of the "Virtual Backgrounds"
4. If I Turn off "Virtual Background" on my profile settings (web), I won't even get the option to blur in the client, yet the image still processes my camera image to slightly blur my background.