cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto record only to local PC

drjulian
Listener

I am trying to set up auto record to local computer and, although the recording starts with the meeting automatically, it records to the cloud.  I have check the forums and docs and believe I have the recording settings  set up correctly.  I have attached a screen shot of my settings.

Please advise, I need to record automatically and ONLY to the local computer.

Thank you  FireShot Webpage Screenshot #351 - 'Account Settings - Zoom' - us06web.zoom.us_Page_1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Now switch to the recording tab and turn off cloud recording.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi drjulian,

i could not read your screen shot, but please take a look at what i found.

Automatic cloud recording will start whether the host joins by computer, mobile device or telephone dial-in. Automatic cloud recording will also start if Allow participants to join anytime is used and participants join before the host.

Automatic local recording will only start when the host starts the meeting from the Zoom desktop client.

Enabling automatic recording - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Thank you for your reply Eliot.

The automatic recording DOES start when the host starts the meeting, the problem is that the recording goes to the cloud even though I have cloud recording disabled and record to local computer checked on.

I need it to automatically record locally only.

(Unfortunately the forum will not accept an jpg or pdf attachment or I would send a better copy of my settings)

Eliot

hi drjulian,

please make sure that 'allow particapants to join before host' is NOT enabled.

Eliot_0-1707611403421.png

thanks,  eliot

Eliot, That setting is NOT enabled.

storyhub

What you are showing is the settings at the admin level. Check the profile settings (https://us02web.zoom.us/profile/setting)

Thank you for your replay storyhub,

Here are my settings (file attachments not working for some reason so I have provided a link to the pdf)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-AKgIAqVgIfaFEiwRF89i0oQfX1dkemD/view?usp=sharing

storyhub

Now switch to the recording tab and turn off cloud recording.

Wow that was kind of obvious...not sure how I missed it. It is working as expected now.

Thank you for your assistance.