cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio alerts during meeting

kbmelley
Listener

Hi all,

I have a Pro zoom account and use a 2022 MacBook Air for meetings. I'm the lead administrator on the account. Recently, I'm experiencing a new audio alter during zoom meetings, announcing when I begin and end screen sharing, when someone has entered or exited the meeting, etc. This is happening when I am not recording. It is very disruptive and unnecessary. I'd love to turn it off but can't find the setting in my account. 

I'm grateful for some help.

kbm

3 REPLIES 3

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @kbmelley 

It sounds like you may have screen reader alerts enabled. To check this, please sign into the Zoom desktop client and click your profile picture in the upper right corner. Click Settings and click the Accessibility tab. Can you confirm if there is a Screen Reader Alerts section here? If so, uncheck any notifications you would not like to receive anymore. 

As well, in case of any bugs, it is good practice to ensure your Zoom client is updated to the most recent version by again clicking your profile picture in the upper right and clicking "Check for Updates."

If you are still having issues after following these troubleshooting steps, submit a request to Zoom Support for advanced troubleshooting.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@kbmelley, see my screen shot of the Screen Reader Alerts section here which might help:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Voice-over-notifications/td-p/127381 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you for your assistance. As it turns out, I could only access the relevant accessibility tabs/settings from inside an active zoom meeting. 

Thanks again,

@kamelley