cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom visio and audio freezing with Verizon FIOS.

vjcinajr
Listener

When Altice/Optimum/CableVision was my ISP I never had an issue with Zoom. Since switching (earlier this year) to Verizon FIOS as my ISP, all Zoom meetings experience intermittent video & audio freezes. Sometimes the freezes last only 5 seconds and sometimes 20 seconds. 

I have a high end system (MAC Studio w 32GB memory) that is hard wired (ethernet cable) into the FIOS router (i.e., no WiFi involvement). Even is I quit all other apps and disconnect all external devices during the zoom session the freezes occur.

I do not experience video freezes with any other apps (e.g., Youtube and other streaming services). Other than this zoom issue, this FIOS Internet service seems to work fine.

Verizon came to the house and said it was not their problem - they said it is a Zoom issue. I tend to think it is a Verizon issue because I have not experienced these Zoom freezes with my old ISP. This issue started exactly when I switched my ISP to FIOS.  Perhaps there is some type of compatibility issue between Verizon FIOS and Zoom.

Are there diagnostics on the Zoom side that might shed some light on the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

DavidB2
Listener

We are experiencing the same issue. Are you using Verizon router or another one?