cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps logging me out

Mark2251
Newcomer
Newcomer

Every so often - cant seem to find a specific timeframe - the Zoom Windows 10 desktop signs me out, this has happened twice in the middle of a meeting too, it is quite frustrating, anyone else experiencing this?

I do have Zoom installed on a second PC and my phone, but when this occurs, the PC is switched off and the phone (Android) doesnt have Zoom active.

83 REPLIES 83

heatherina
Newcomer
Newcomer

This happens to me too.  Even more annoyingly, it happens regularly whilst I'm actually in a Zoom meeting.  

Yesterday I was in a client meeting, using a background and unbeknown to me, when Zoom logged me out, it also removed my background, revealing my actual room that I had not intended to show.  This is extremely embarrassing and annoying to me - not a mention of this being a possibility 😡

englishpaulm
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have this same issue (July 2022). It drives me insane. I changed my password and logged out of all other devices, yet, it still keeps logging me out.

billrey
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is still happening to me in August 2022. Latest updates installed, but it still logs me out multiple times a day. Why is this not fixed?

ragerber
Newcomer
Newcomer

I don't mind ZOOM enforcing a limit of one active meeting per account, but being constantly in a log in, log out infinite loop when the other "logged in" device is a closed laptop that is not connected to a meeting is a killer.

billrey
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, I never ever do multiple zoom calls on multiple devices at once. BUT just having it installed on >1 device should not automatically keep logging one out. Surely this should be flagged as a critical bug. 

Zamicol
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom logs me out on crash.  I *hate* this since Zoom crashes all the time.  

idanca
Newcomer
Newcomer

Maybe if Zoom stopped rolling out new products no one needs (email client? for real?) and instead FIXED THE FORCED LOGOUT FROM DEVICE that so many people on this thread have complained about for almost two years, I wouldn't contemplate switching my company to another platform. But they don't. and  I do. sick and tired of having to log in multiple times a day on my mac.

JNH
Newcomer
Newcomer

Two year old issue, really annoying. Need to login on the only machine that has zoom installed multiple times per day. Instead crap like 'apps' get added to zoom to make the UX even worse. Contemplating switching the whole company now...

sjfwhite_psych
Newcomer
Newcomer

I cancelled my subscription today and will be using Teams full time now.  

EAPCOUNSEL
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yep, ridiculous.  And why hasn't anyone from this billion dollar international company bothered even to respond here and try to address this?  I also am considering a move to Teams. Shame, doesn't seem like such a hard issue to solve according to my programmer friends.  For anyone interested, I use Macs.

Memory
Newcomer
Newcomer

Any updates here? Also using zoom on a desktop and a laptop as well as on ipad and iphone. Keeps logging me out on either desktop/laptop. I believe this is intended to limit account sharing. I would even be willing to pay extra, but I need to use both laptop and desktop pc in the same account without being logged out all the time.

@AnonymousAnything we can do here fast? @Jing 

Jing
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Memory

This is by design.

Please check this support article.

Can I use Zoom on multiple devices?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000787483

Thank you for your understanding.

And this response is why I canceled my zoom paid subscription and have gone to Teams. 

Jing

Thank you for adding your comments here.

No matter what kind of service you choose, hope you have the wonderful experience.

Thank you for being the Zoom user before and provide your feedback.

We would love to work with you in the near future.

Thank you in advance.

The point is that it is a very bad design. I use zoom on both a laptop and desktop, and switch back and forth between the two devices every day. Not only does it log me out in the middle of meetings if I forget to sign out of zoom every time I switch devices, but I can't set up a zoom meeting via Outlook without signing back in. Zoom has made a design decision that doesn't work for its users. The support article just confirms that this is how it is designed -- it doesn't address the fact that users want a better design.

I only use a laptop (WIN10), tablet (Samsung S8) and phone (Samsung A52) and my phone is continuedly getting logged out. I have a corporate account with work but it becoming an issue as we use Zoom for on-call works and I have to log in all the time. It happens every 2-3 days. Is there a fix for this issue?

EAPCOUNSEL
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, but the original issue is NOT that you cannot be logged into multiple devices at once.  It makes perfect sense that ZOOM won't allow (single license) users to be using ZOOM on multiple devices simultaneously.  What doesn't make sense is, that once you're automatically logged out of ZOOM on the first device, because you've started using it on a second device, after you're finished with using ZOOM on the second device, and say the next day go back to the first device, you have to re-enter your login info all over again.  ZOOM isn't allowing the software on your first device to have retained your login info so that you can be automatically connected without re-entering your user name and password.

Exactly - it's absolutely silly that there is no option to remember password/login after being logged out.  Give the user the option to opt in to that option by including it in settings and have a warning pop up for those who may be using public laptop.  This forces people to use less secure passwords that hopefully they remember, or use a dedicated password manager which then involves a number of added steps to retrieve the secure password.  I would love to stick with Zoom but this issue is why I did not renew my subscription (which expires this October and hopefully this functionality is added by then).

Mark2251
Newcomer
Newcomer

The original post was created on 2021-09-12 03:51 PM - it has taken a Zoom employee 17 months to get this pathetic reply - DO BETTER!

By the way, EAPCounsel nailed it, many people are over this kind of 3rd rate support - listen to your clients, be more timely and understand our frustrations!

sredshaw
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have even reloaded the app, closed it down on the other device and getting signed out even more than ever!

Cassandra7
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom, please allow multiple devices.  I login into an add-in on Outlook, in the Web Outlook, Installed Outlook, and my Phone Outlook.  Then I also have the Zoom app on my Mac, and my iPhone.  I am constantly getting logged out on my Outlook app and Outlook add-in for meetings which is so frustrating, which when I log back in, logs me out of my Zoom app on my desktop mac so I miss meetings because I don't get the reminders.  

Should we submit a ticket instead? 

igonzalezempowe
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same problem.

igonzalezempowe
Newcomer
Newcomer

I’m having the same problem as everyone else here. Getting log out in the middle of meetings and this is not good.  But as I see, nobody is getting any answer to their problem. I need help, please.

DocPeter
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had the same problem and it was because I had 'Functional Cookies' disabled. Turned them on and then stayed logged in.

Dbrazelton
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are done.  Still have to move our phone lines to another VOIP.  We have all moved to Teams.  Astounding that Zoom has just ignored this thread. I have other issues with Zoom, but why bother mentioning them since no one at zoom will ever read them.

jallen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same issue. Is there no resolution for this? What's whacky is that it logs me out of the instance i'm using to keep me logged in on another device (which one, I have no idea...). But clearly I'm trying to use this device I'm on. Shouldn't we at least get a question/option asking us which device to stay logged in? 

mfdavies
Newcomer
Newcomer

Turns out its a premium feature...🤦‍♂️ 

It's not a premium feature.  In that, I pay for Zoom, and don't seem to be able to overcome this issue.  If there's a setting somewhere for us paid users that will allow me to stay logged into the first device, after logging out of the second device, please explain where that is.

Fredrik99999
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same issue here. I have to log in multiple times a day, for every meeting. I klick "keep mie logged in".  Not using multiple devices.

This is so bad, fix it! It can't be that hard!

qshoque
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm not even switching between two devices and it keeps logging me out, too!
On the Mac OS app there is an option at login to "Keep me signed in". Every time I open a new meeting via a link in an Outlook event or a link that a coworker sends me on Slack, I get signed out and am in the meeting with no username, profile, picture, preset settings, etc. I wish my coworkers liked using Slack huddles as I've enjoyed using that in the past. This is pathetic.

Sofia-S
Newcomer
Newcomer

I will not care so much that logs me out of one device, IF was able to log i with the autofill like so many other programs do.

I can be logged in on my phone and one more device, but it throws me out as soon as I open my laptop's lid.

Get the AUTOFILL option back 

Support response:

Upon checking, I see that you have the basic free subscription of Zoom and the level of technical support that you have is by checking our support page - support.zoom.us

Is there anything else I can help you with?

I better get out of this support community because the following drive me crazy. I need solutions not ******

dontSignMeOut
Newcomer
Newcomer

omg please fix this

arosedale
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is there anyone from Zoom monitoring this? If so, please let us know. Otherwise, we're complaining here, and no one who can do anything about it is even listening. This thread has been going on for two years now?!

dew215
Newcomer
Newcomer

2 years later this is still an ongoing topic that Zoom ignores. It's crazy. I'm being repeatedly logged out on my desktop, because I was at some point logged in on my laptop, which is not even with me and is off. What sense does that make? 

iberkner
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is the most egregious issue for Zoom.

The zoom application is CONSTANTLY logging me out. I do use it across other devices, but once I log in, it should not log me out unless I EXPLICITLY log in on another device. 

This is "ridiculous", annoying and for me makes the software almost not-usable.

If this is not resolved soon, I will recommend that we switch to another platform.

Dbrazelton
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are out.  Transferring our phone lines to Openphone, switching to Slack for internal meetings at Google Meet for external.  

iberkner
Newcomer
Newcomer

OK - so this issue for me was really bad, logging me out every 2 minutes.

As we are a paying customer, I opened a support ticket and the response was to go to my profile page and sign out of all devices.

This seemed to have resolved the issue - at least for me and I hope that this possible solution helps others.

As I'm writing this - for the firs time in months, my zoom login has perssisted > 10 minutes.

I'm also attaching an image showing where this feature is located in the zoom profile page in your web account.

This was the exact response (see below).

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting Zoom Support! I hope this email finds you well and safe. My name is Blessy, and I am happy to assist!

My apologies that you are having problems with your account that keeps on logging out. Please allow me to help you with this.

In accordance with our guidelines, a user is allowed to be signed into Zoom on a single computer, one tablet, and one phone at any given time. If your user attempts to sign in on an additional device while already logged in on a device of the same type, the first device will be automatically logged out. This information is also outlined in our documentation hereSigning in to Zoom on multiple devices

To fix this, please go to your profile, Scroll down to the Sign In section and click on “Sign-out from all devices”.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else!

maexio
Newcomer
Newcomer

This happens to me as well. It is ridiculous that a 'remote work' tool doesn't understand that its possible people work from two different 'computers' like an Office PC and a Laptop. 
Why not get a single laptop for both? -> its not always an option for all use cases. Fix this please Zoom before you become as annoying as Teams.

Joe2044
Newcomer
Newcomer

I know a solution. Use Microsoft Teams. It is Free for personal use. It works on all devices with multiple accounts. Also, Slack and Discord.