cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom flickers and freezes when sharing screen

jet32
Listener

During a Zoom meeting, every time I have tried sharing my screen for the past 6 months to a year, the entire computer starts freezing and the monitors flicker. I try to close other programs out (Outlook, Google Chrome, etc.), and sometimes that helps unfreeze it. The flickering is intermittent. About 1 to 5 seconds where external monitors are black and Zoom app on the main laptop monitor is frozen. External monitors are connected through a docking station.

Best case scenario is after about a minute of this flickering/freezing, the external monitors will go black. This leaves the laptop monitor as the only screen available. Which actually works if Zoom is the ONLY thing running. This is not practical since the purpose of Zoom's Screen Sharing feature is to show something else on the computer (more than likely another program).

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom, running the latest Windows updates, updating drivers (NVidia says up to date), and trying to run a Zoom meeting without opening other apps or browsers.

What is causing the problem? And are there any drivers, updates, or anything at all I can do to alleviate this?

Specs:
Machine: Dell Latitude E5540 laptop
OS: Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 x64-based PC
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M
Docking station: Dell E-Port Plus Port Replicator with USB 3.0 E Series Latitudes
External monitors: Dell P2314H (via DisplayPort)

0 REPLIES 0