cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom.exe does not start on Windows 10 Pro 22H2, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T, 16 GB RAM

miroi
Listener

Hello,

I downloaded Zoom on my older PC (Windows 10 Pro 22H2, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T, 16 GB DDR3 RAM), but zoom.exe does not start.

I used all  possible tricks I found on internet (allowing desktop app for camera,mic, reinstallation,. cache cleaning...),but no way.  Other videocommunication programs are working well on this computer.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your computer is 64bit like mine is.. then install the 32bit version of zoom. This worked for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LMD2
Listener

Also having the same issue.

Tom-R
Listener

I have a similar computer that has been running Zoom for several years. I tried to join a meeting on Monday and joining failed. I then tried to open Zoom to start a meeting and it would not even open the starting page. I uninstalled Zoom from the Control Panel. I downloaded Clean-Zoom and ran that. I downloaded the latest install software for Zoom. I restarted the computer and started the install program. A banner showed up indicating it was initializing, then the banner disappeared. After that nothing.  The Zoom App icon shows up but when you click it, nothing happens. The app does not show in task manager. 

Please help MIROI and me with a solution. I don't want to scrub the computer and start over.

If your computer is 64bit like mine is.. then install the 32bit version of zoom. This worked for me.

Thank you!

This fix worked instantly. Note, in the Windows Zoom Installers list it's the first one not the second; 

miroi
Listener

SOLVED: on my 64bit Windows 10 wunning on AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T I simply installed 32bit Zoom from https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207373866-Zoom-Installers . And it works !

Thank you sooo much. I couldn't figure out why Zoom would no longer launch on my Windows 10 64-bit desktop. I uninstalled and reinstalled at least a dozen times. I 'Chatted' with Zoom support but got nowhere... then decided to check with the Zoom community. Thanks again.