cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom don't use conected headphones

CamillaT
Listener

When my husband uses Zoom on his computer and have headphones connected Zoom do not use the headphones, the sound is not in the headphones but in the computers speakers. When he listen to something else like eg YouTube or Spotify or even have a Google Meet, then the headphones work as expected. When I try the same thing on my computer (with same headphones) it works. We have nearly the same computers (he have Acer Aspire A515 Ryzen, I have Acer Aspire A515 i7). I guess there must be some setting that cause this problem, by I can't find what. Any idea?

1 REPLY 1

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @CamillaT 

Kindly check the below data point to get this rectified:

• Sound settings: Ensure that the headphones are selected as the default audio device in the computer's sound settings (not just in Zoom).
  • Zoom settings: In the Zoom app, go to Settings > Audio > "Select a device for audio" and choose the headphones.
  • Driver updates: Make sure the headphones' drivers are up-to-date.
  • Exclusive mode: Check if the headphones are set to "exclusive mode" in the Sound settings, which might prevent Zoom from using them.

This response inputs might also carry some research outcomes from the open source / blogs / user guide

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma