cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom doesn't start

Wallesss
Listener

Hello, today, when trying to connect to the conference, the Zoom Meetings client simply did not start. Because of this, I missed the training session! At the same time, no errors appeared on the screen. In the Windows Task Manager, Zoom-related processes simply don't appear! Operating system - Windows 10, Zoom version - 5.16.5 (24296) (64 bits). HELP!!!

29 REPLIES 29

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Does the issue persist after rebooting the PC?

This will inform next steps.

Yes

bstrelko

Are you running an Intel or AMD processor?

Taken from the Device Manager - AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (it is mentioned four times in the Task Manager).

bstrelko

Client 5.16.0 - 5.16.5 Broken on 64Bit AMD  - Linking a related issue here.

Please raise a ticket with Zoom Support, as we believe this is a release-specific build issue for AMD x64 processors.

What should I do with Zoom 5.16.5? How do I contact support?

bstrelko

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Contact-Zoom-Support

Please scroll down for phone / ticket options.

I have online lectures in this application! What to do?

bstrelko

Per another user, 5.15.12 should be a stable release for AMD x64.

Please note that the link below is not a direct link from Zoom, but may provide a quicker solution. Contact Zoom Support to discuss officially-supported downgrade steps.

https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

Do I need to install Zoom version 5.15.12? According to the link you suggested, I don't see exactly this version.

bstrelko

5.15.12 and earlier should work as a temporary stopgap, since you are in a time-sensitive situation.

Afterward, please reach out to Zoom Support once you are able.

You’re on the Basic Plan. You have unlimited access to Zoom knowledge base articles , the Zoom Community , and the chatbot for help.

So what happens?

Why does Zoom automatically update the client? Now I can't connect to lectures!

bstrelko

If your Zoom deployment is not managed by someone else in your org, you can turn off automatic updates:

bstrelko_0-1698329664467.png

Very good, but there is one problem. To disable automatic updates, you need to launch Zoom! It turns out that the technical support service is missing on the Basic plan! What should I do?

Should I remove Zoom 5.16.5 and install Zoom 5.15.12?

bstrelko

Please uninstall your current Zoom version and use the direct link below for a download of 5.15.12 for Windows 64-bit:

https://zoom.us/client/5.15.12.21574/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

Once launched (hopefully successful), you should be able to disable automatic updates.

You should also be able to submit feedback to Zoom even on a Basic account:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005838023

After deleting the current Zoom version, should I run the CleanZoom utility?

bstrelko

Sure, this is always safe to do.

Donsky
Listener

I have the same problem after installing the last update (from 25.10.2023).

1. Can’t start Zoom client – no any visible reaction when trying to start it.
  2. Can start from browser but without video no incoming neither outcoming. The video icon is gray.
    AMD processor

bstrelko

The second issue may very well be unrelated to the first, as cameras in web browsers use WebRTC technology. Can you try using a different browser and also resetting your current browser's settings, clearing cache, etc?

I tried Chrome and Edge. Same story. The issue raised just after last update. No video at all. No camera, no display of others. Just audio communication. 

You must be right. Until now, I've always logged into Zoom through the client and never faced the video issue.
Any idea what it could be?

Niker
Listener

https://zoom.us/client/5.15.12.21574/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64 worked for me.  I had the same issue as Wallesss and my problem was apparently caused by the latest update.  Using the 5.15.12 version I was able to establish a connection to a meeting for the first time in over a week.  If not for zoom community, I would still be ignored by support and having to connect through my smart phone.

Did you just install Zoom 5.15.12?

Niker
Listener

I did.  Then I was able to connect.  But reight after checking my connection I saw that support finally responded to my ticket.  This is what I was told: 

''Thanks for reaching out. It appears that a restriction was inadvertently placed on your account and/or device. It has since been removed and you should have full access at this time. Please let us know if you continue to run into this issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience.'' 

So I don't know if loading the old version was what worked for me or trust and support removing the restriction.  I replied to the support person to get clarification but no response as of yet.  I just know it took 8 days to get a response to my ticket.  At least it was something that could be fixed.  Not sure why a restriction would have been placed on my account. 

bstrelko

Let's hope they can provide more clarification!

pclogicnz
Listener

Yes v5.6.5 and v5.16.6 do not work on alot of computers. I can run v5.16.0 though.  They have not fixed the issue. Also no support on basic/free plan so you cannot contact them.  I have a customer on paid plan and Windows 2016  server with xeon processor and no good either. Zoom have dropped the ball here.