cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom desktop client 5.14.10.3738 (deb) crashes when being invited to a meeting

lcrepet
Listener

Hi.

Today, I experienced 2 crashes when a colleague invited me to a zoom meeting. If you do not get pinged by another mean by the person, you may even not notice. Zoom desktop client window may be on some other virtual desktop, and you may not notice the Zoom tray icon is gone.

I am using Zoom desktop client 5.14.10.3738 (deb), but the issue may have started with the previous release. I am using Pop!_OS 22.04.

I have just made a new test to see if something would be logged by the client when it crashes.

I ran:

tail -f ~/.zoom/logs/zoom_stdout_stderr.log
  1. asking someone to invite me in a meeting
  2. then the zoom desktop client crashes, and the following is appended to log:
No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
zoom was exited due to a handled signal: 11 
ZoomLauncher exit.

I am not the only one in my company to have the issue.

3 REPLIES 3

lcrepet
Listener

When restarting the client, Zoom client proposes to report the issue, which I did.

But looking at ~/.zoom/logs/zoom_stdout_stderr.log, it seems to me from the following logs that the reporting feature could be also broken, as I see 3 lines like:

Error: Send error, 22 Invalid argument

See below:

zoom started.
[CZPClientLogMgr::LogClientEnvironment] [MacAddr: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx][client: Linux][OS:  Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS x64][Hardware: CPU Core:6 Frenquency:2.7 G Memory size:31714MB CPU Brand:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10850H CPU @ 2.70GHz GPU Brand:][Req ID: ]
Linux Client Version is 5.14.10 (3738)
QSG_RENDER_LOOP is 
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = pop:GNOME;   GDMSESSION = pop;   XDG_SESSION_TYPE = x11
Graphics Card Info:: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CometLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics] (rev 05)
Zoom package arch is 64bit, runing OS arch is x86_64, snap package 0
qt.scenegraph.general: threaded render loop
qt.scenegraph.general: Using sg animation driver
qt.scenegraph.general: Animation Driver: using vsync: 16.68 ms
qt.scenegraph.general: Using sg animation driver
qt.scenegraph.general: Animation Driver: using vsync: 16.68 ms
qt.scenegraph.general: opengl texture atlas dimensions: 1024x512
qt.scenegraph.general: R/G/B/A Buffers:   8 8 8 8
qt.scenegraph.general: Depth Buffer:      24
qt.scenegraph.general: Stencil Buffer:    8
qt.scenegraph.general: Samples:           -1
qt.scenegraph.general: GL_VENDOR:         Intel
qt.scenegraph.general: GL_RENDERER:       Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics (CML GT2)
qt.scenegraph.general: GL_VERSION:        4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.3.5

lcrepet
Listener

I downgraded to https://cdn.zoom.us/prod/5.13.11.1288/zoom_amd64.deb and asked a teammate to call me. No crash.

My experience was worse, every meeting I started or tried to join resulted in a crash. If I deleted `~/.zoom`, it would let me log in, but as soon as the main application window opened, it would crash.

I remember the last version worked for me, so downloaded back to https://cdn.zoom.us/prod/5.14.7.2928/zoom_amd64.deb and things are working.

Naturally the release notes show nothing of interest https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205759689-Release-notes-for-Linux

Using Wayland here as...jeez it's 2023.