cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom black screen flicker glitch freezing my Display's resolution

JackStreicher
Listener

Hello,

in my last Zoom Meeting I used the Share Screen function. This resulted in a screen flickering to black every 2 seconds. Then it reduced my screen resolution (at least visibly).
I ended the screen sharing, updated my GPU drivers, restarted several times. Even outside of Zoom the resolution remained visibly below HD , in my display settings the resolution claims to be HD, yet it is greyed out and locked at this setting. Additionally my second screen isn't responding at all (the system doesn't recognize it anymore).

Further information: The second screen was not plugged in when the black-flickering occured.

I need help with this issue.

Cheers
Jack

2 REPLIES 2

JackStreicher
Listener

Fix:
Windws + X -> Device Manager -> Graphic Cards -> Left Click your Integrated Graphics Card -> Right Click -> Properties -> Drivers -> Deactivate. Wait a second and hit activate.

Zoom can apparently make your integrated GPU throw an error which blocks basic display functionalities like Night Mode, a change of Resolution and the likes.

Cheers.

Apparently my computer lacks graphic cards? That was NOT a choice in Device Manager. I searched under topics that are video related and got nothing when I tried to update as they said I had the latest drivers.