cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Won't Launch

Shields24601
Listener

Currently, I can't get Zoom to launch. I try to open a link and nothing happens. 

I can't make a meeting in the browser.

I can download Zoom, but I can't even get the app to open.

The only thing I am able to do is  pick "Join from your browser" The meeting opens, but with audio only, even though  it has my video permissions. 

I have looked for solutions. I have cleared my cache and cookies. I have cleared my temporary data, and I have reinstalled the app. None of that has worked so far.

Reaching out for help because I am trying to interview for jobs right now and its definitely important.

All the best

15 REPLIES 15

nantucketbob
Listener

Me too. deleted the client, downloaded a new one, still won't work with firefox. Tried Microsoft Edge and it will not work there either.  This was sudden.  It worked earlier in the week. 

I found a temporary fix. I downloaded the 32-bit client instead of the 64-bit and have been able to use that one. Not all the features work, but I am able to at least have a meeting. 

I hope that helps.

Are you still using this fix? I've found that when I use the "join from your browser" option (because Client won't load) that my video and audio will test ok, but as soon as I join a meeting, my CPU is max'ed out. In that state, the controls don't work right, or the "page is unresponsive" text pops up and asks if I want to exit or wait. Audio/Video are choppy, nobody can hear me and the video freezes. I had one time when I'd removed Google Chrome and Zoom client (using the Cleanzoom Program) reinstalled both and it worked. App would open on command and meetings worked. A few weeks later, same old stuff. App won't open, have to join from my browser...which doesn't work.

I am so far. The 32-bit version still seems to work enough to have a basic meeting at least. 

I know others started using previous versions before the bad update last September I believe, but I couldn't find a workable link for it in my search yet.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Shields24601 @nantucketbob, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Please provide us with the device type you are currently using so that I can better assist you. Please also let me know if you are encountering any errors.

Thanks!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello Carla,

I am using a PC running Windows 10. Not encountering any errors as nothing actually opens up so far.

Thank You, 

Thank you for getting back to me! 

Can you try uninstalling the Zoom app, rebooting your device, and reinstalling the Zoom app?

• Remove Zoom from the Control Panel
  1. In the Windows search bar, search for Control Panel.
  2. Click the Control Panel app.
  3. If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program.Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
  4. Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
  5. If prompted Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?, click Yes.
  • Run CleanZoom to remove Zoom completely

To remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files, run CleanZoom on your device.

1. Download and run CleanZoom.
    Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.
  2. Once completed, reboot your device, download Zoom from our download center and reinstall

Let me know if that helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello,

Yes, I have tried this, but the problem still persists.

Thank You, 

This same problem is NOT with our devices.   It started immediately after a Zoom "update".

How can we EASILY correct whatever the update messed up?

Same problem. Zoom app simply won't load. Windows 10 on a PC. Worked fine for over a year, but starting last October/November of 23'  I've had to use the join from my browser option, and then it maxes out my CPU and everything hangs up. No other tabs or programs open.  Using Google Chrome. Task manager says Chrome is taking all the CPU. 
Installed the Chrome extension for Zoom. Same problem. 
I've missed at least 5 meetings due to this. Did the cleanzoom, reinstall latest client. Deleted and reinstalled Chrome. I can test my video and audio using the Join from Browser option, and all works fine. But the moment I join the meeting, it freezes and glitches.

I have just wasted an hour doing all of this and nothing works, Please give me a refund, I dont want to waste any more time with a product that is nmot fit for purpose #refund #notfitforpurpose

DeeT
Listener

Ive got the same problem, since last autimn, I ve had to uninstall and reinstall and mostly iI cant install the Zoom app and have to join meetings from Web browser, despite payiing for premium version, I am fed up of missing meetings and being alte for them, why does this keephappening, on windows 10

Look for the 32 bit version.  Uninstall whatever you have and install the 32 bit version and it should work.  It did for me. 

I downloaded the 32 bit one, as it was the only one offered on the download page, and it doenst work

It loaded ok, and opens as it should so far. A test of my video/audio is ok. 
When I had to run Zoom from my browser (no other choice) it would swamp my CPU and freeze.
I'm hoping that because I can open the app that this won't happen. My next meeting is on 1/18/23, so I'll be back with my report.
Bad form of Zoom to make us do this, though.