cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Settings

TerryHunter
Listener

I don't know where to go and what to read to find out the following:

1.  How can I set participants to NOT be on video and NOT be able to override this setting?

2. As the moderator, I DO want to be able to display portions of an Excel sheet and a small image of myself.

3. I want participants to be able to send and receive msgs from me as the moderator that are NOT visible to other particpants.

Could someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TerryHunter
Listener

I lucked-out and found a concise explanation in a YouTube video.  So, I don't want to waste your time giving me info I already have.  

Thanks,

Terry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ve8
Listener

Hey Terry, hopefully this is helpful ...

1.  How can I set participants to NOT be on video and NOT be able to override this setting?

• You can do this when you create the original Zoom meeting. Go into your Zoom settings and scroll down to 'In Meeting (Basics)', there is a toggle that says 'Hide participant profile pictures'. This will put only their name on the screen. Because you are the host, this will not apply to you or anyone you make a co-host.

2. As the moderator, I DO want to be able to display portions of an Excel sheet and a small image of myself.

• Are you talking about sharing your screen or as a profile image? If it's about displaying as a profile image, this should be sorted in the above answer.

3. I want participants to be able to send and receive msgs from me as the moderator that are NOT visible to other participants.

• While you're in your Zoom settings under 'In Meeting (Basics)', there's a drop-down option where you can limit who the participants can chat with. Set it to allow participants to chat with 'host', then they can't talk with anyone else in the Zoom chat. Remember this is an age of technology and you are unlikely to be able to control if they use other platforms like: text, FB Messenger, WhatsApp etc.

TerryHunter
Listener

I lucked-out and found a concise explanation in a YouTube video.  So, I don't want to waste your time giving me info I already have.  

Thanks,

Terry