cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Mac App wont stay logged in

machine617
Listener

hello, I am using the zoom mac client application and it will not keep me logged in, every time the application quits i get logged out and have to re-log in.

Here is a 1 minute video of the issue, it is 100% reproducible:

https://www.loom.com/share/fbb561eaac87425a900f6dc3cd25f3d4

Steps:
1) open the zoom mac app
2) login with google credential
2.a) 'keep me signed in' option checked
3) verify that I stay logged in through quitting and reopening zoom
4) quit zoom
5) open a link to a meeting
5.a) this launches the zoom mac app
RESULT --> will open meeting without using the logged in user
EXPECTED --> should open meeting with logged in user

41 REPLIES 41

ChrisO
Note Taker

When you are logging in are you selecting the "Keep me signed in" option? You can find this check box under the Login button.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

I am having the same issue. Did anyone address this? 

Thanks,

JV

Yeah i have checked that box...

I tested it a little more diligently and i think the issue isn't really quitting and reopening, but opening a meeting link from like a calendar invite or the browser while zoom is not running.  This link then launches zoom without being logged in.  

Here is a 1 minute video of the issue, it is 100% reproducible:

https://www.loom.com/share/fbb561eaac87425a900f6dc3cd25f3d4

Steps:
1) open the zoom mac app
2) login with google credential
2.a) 'keep me signed in' option checked
3) verify that I stay logged in through quitting and reopening zoom
4) quit zoom
5) open a link to a meeting
5.a) this launches the zoom mac app
RESULT --> will open meeting without using the logged in user
EXPECTED --> should open meeting with logged in user

Hi Machine617,

Can you try updating the app to the latest version to see if that resolves the issue? I would agree that is most likely a bug as it seems to function properly on the Windows version of the app. If updating the APP to get the latest bug fixes does not resolve the issue, you can leave feedback here about the problem.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Issue still occurs on current latest mac version: 

Version: 5.11.3 (9065)

Will report issue on that feedback link.

JimmyWick
Attendee

Open the Zoom Desktop Client (Zoom.us App) and ensure that you are signed in to your Zoom account. Once signed in, you should be able to launch Zoom meetings as usual. Users can choose to stay signed in by selecting the "Keep me signed in" option.

Regards,
 J Wick

No, this isnt the solution, see other comment ^^

tomoguisuru
Listener

Still having issues with staying logged in with Mac App ver 5.12.2 (11434)

My company is using Google to authenticate and here is what is happening when I sign in.

- Open Zoom app

- Click "Sign In"
- Check "Keep me signed in"
- Click on "Google"
- Redirects to web browser page to sign into Google account
- Click Google Account 
- Redirects to "My Profile" without signing into the Zoom app

- Unable to join as the Zoom app is still on the "Login page"
- Close Zoom app
- Click link to "join meeting"
- Allowed to join meeting
- Exit meeting
- Open Zoom app but have to sign in again and repeat the steps above

This is a very poor user experience as the Mac app never actually logs into my account forcing me to login to every meeting throughout the day

I'm just writing to follow for updates.

I have also noticed this exact intermittent behavior on our computers as well over the past 3~ months on various computers. 

It only seems to be affecting our M1 Macbooks so far. 

I was initially concerned it was coming from our Company's MDM profiles on the computer, but that does not seem to be affecting it from what I can tell so far. 

I have exactly the same issue. 

Checking the 'stay logged in' option on Zoom app. Logging in with Google workspace creds. Quitting and restarting app - still logged in. Launch a meeting from a link, end the meeting - next time the app opens I'll be logged out.

M1 Macbook Pro 14"

What I did notice, when logging in to this Zoom community site, is that the 'stay logged in' option is only available if you have 'functional cookies' enabled on the zoom cookie policy, which I didn't.

I wonder if this cookie setting or behaviour is influencing the app login too?

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.34.53.png

Same issue here, also M1 Macbook Pro 14"

markonzoom
Listener

I have had this problem intermittently in the past, and it's just started recurring. I've never understood why it would come for a few days/weeks and then mysteriously go. I see the support page indicates the need to enable functional cookies. Under Safari's Privacy settings, I already have "Block all cookies" unchecked, as I always have, and best I can tell this is what's needed -- but support pages don't give any other instructions for how to enable functional cookies in Safari.

I do not authentic with Google. I have my email-based Zoom account only. The app stays logged in just fine, but I frequently use the URL shortcuts to launch-via-browser rooms with particular meeting ID/password info, and these only work if the Zoom web account remains logged in. This launching is always compromised whenever this intermittent problem recurs.

Can anybody state very clearly how to enable functional cookies in Safari and, if I've already done so by having unchecked "Block all cookies," can anyone explain/resolve the mystery behind why the problem would be occurring for me at all?

brunoasr
Listener

I noticed different behavior between two corporate gmail accounts. For one, signing in with Google redirects to a browser and the sign in effectively logs the app in. For the other, signing in with Google and a browser is ignored by the app, and is only successful when choosing sign in with SSO. I guess it has to do with having SSO enabled by gmail administrator.

Jalex7841
Listener

Potential FIx Discovered: 

We have an MDM service running on our Macbooks, and while I'm not entirely certain about the root cause in our configuration that is causing this behavior on the M1 Macs, I did find a solution that works for us. 

1. Uninstall Zoom
    1. Open Zoom App, Click Zoom.us in Menu Bar, Click "Uninstall Zoom" 
  2. Download the latest version of software from Downloads Center 
  3. Open Installer 
  4. Click Continue 
  5. STOP HERE - Change the default install location from for all users of this computer to Install for me only
  6. Continue through the remaining install steps as normal. 
  7. ??? 
  8. Profit 

Not sure if the cause is similar for other folks, but I hope this helps some out there! 

I'm also on a silicon Mac with an MDM service - and this has fixed the bug! 🎉 Thank you so much - I am very happy and much less frustrated! 🙂

machine617
Listener

Was excited to try something new, went through your steps but unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issue where if zoom is 'quit' and I open a zoom meeting via a link, then zoom opens in a logged out state.

Devon99
Listener

Zoom listen up, this is insane! I've had the same issue on both an Intel and M2 Mac now. You're the leading video conference service. How have you not fixed this? 

I went to "like" this 5 mins after signing in to my Mac Zoom App for the 45th time today and I was kicked off this page and told to "sign in". It was important enough to do so, but holy cow that was frustrating and ironic.

mbrazil
Listener

Retweet the above comment, I'm still experiencing this issue and it's extremely annoying.

Us too. EXTREMELY annoying.

Caelum
Listener

same exact issue. We are using the Debian version for Linux, and until the latest update, everything was fine. Now after quitting Zoom, we have to log back in, EVERY SINGLE TIME, even after checking the box to stay logged in. In addition, Zoom doesn't remember that we want to join with computer audio, or which webcam we want to be using, or that we want to join with webcam off--even after setting all this up, repeatedly. None of this was a problem before. Incredibly annoying and time consuming!

Zoom, where are you??? We need this fixed.

delete .zoom folder in your home dir see if this works...

Hi @charlys , I just would like to thank you and let you know that this solution work to this date.

@sambadaclearsco    thank you, glad i could help

charlys
Listener

hello, i solved my similar issue by deleting .zoom folder in my home directory. could be something messed up the permissions after an update or something. but after deleting the folder and relaunching zoom i was still signed in ( the app will re-generate the deleted folder. in case you are worried about it , move it or rename it then relaunch zoom )

Thank you so much, charlys!!! this solved the problem for us too, on Linux.

Thank you - this resolved it for me

Do you mean something like `/Users/[username]/.zoom/` ?

I don't have a `.zoom` folder there 🤔

Yes but it turns out it's not completely working. If I launch Zoom myself it works. But if I start Zoom from a link or a calendar event then it exhibits the same problem

kennyeliason
Listener

Same issue for me. If I have zoom closed out entirely, and open a zoom meeting from a link, zoom opens in a logged out state. I then have to click the "sign in" button every time.

mcabreb
Listener

Same issue here, Mac M1 Pro used for work, if I join meetings from Calendar I have to sign in every time using Google, which signs me in in the web page that google opens but not in the zoom app. Very frustrating when you have several meetings in a row.

jtylee
Listener

Found this post dated 2022, researching the same issue, I can't believe it's Nov 2023 and its NOT resolved.

every single Mac Computer I own is affected by this nonsense.  

Polovinkin
Listener

Yep, it's still not fixed, I have M1 Pro with the latest Zoom version...

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi polovinkin,

here is the latest support article on switching between multiple accounts.

Switching between multiple accounts

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0073483

thanks,  eliot

???

you surely missed a thread? where here do people discuss switching between multiple accounts?

ericgreenfield4
Listener

lol. came to find the solution to this issue. Signs me out everytime I quit the app. Really really annoying.

on Macbook Pro M1. 

GaryOfAntioch
Listener

RESOLVED FOR ME!
I just updated to Version: 5.17.10 (30974) on an Intel Mac and I now remain signed in, even after quitting the app and then launching Zoom from a Google Calendar link.