cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Background Changing

hiineedsomehelp
Listener

Hi! I need to change my Zoom Background. I am the only person in my meeting who does not have the ability to change my Zoom Background to my OWN image. While, zoom backgrounds through the app section allows me to change virtual backgrounds that Zoom offers. I am not allowed to change my background to my OWN image.

On my friend's zoom, there is a PLUS BUTTON which allows adding your OWN IMAGE. On mine, there is no plus button.

How can this be fixed? 

5 REPLIES 5

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@hiineedsomehelp I am not sure if you are on your own account or a company account, but it sounds like the ability to change virtual backgrounds is locked in the settings.

If it is your own account, go into your settings > Meeting (In Meeting (advanced)) and scroll down to the Virtual Backgrounds and make sure it is turned on to allow customizing your background.  

colegs_0-1647827335861.png

If it is a company account, the admin may have locked that setting.  You can find more information on this here.

If this answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

_ZoomUser_
Participant

Change your Virtual Background Settings in the Zoom Settings. I think it'll work soon. 

ytjones
Listener

I have the same problem.  There is no plus button for me either.  I have tried trouble shooting and looked at numerous youtube videos, but I can't add my own background.  It's very frustrating! I am using my own account and have my "virtual backgrounds" is turned on in my settings. 

colegs

@ytjones - What are the specs of your computer, specifically around the processor?  And do you know how old it is?

Hi, I figured it out! I needed to update my Zoom app on my Mac.  Thanks for your help 🙂