cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Audio not working

nes
Listener

I join a meeting and can see all the participants clearly, but can't hear the audio. I always check that my computer speaker is on, and run the audio and microphone test through zoom which will play the 'ringtone' and my microphone playback clearly. What can I do about this? I've also been using the same device for almost 2 years without issue until recently, and my speaker works fine with all other programs on the computer. 

9 REPLIES 9

RickT
Listener

I have the same problem, but no one has responded. 😢

NSS
Listener

I just updated to the latest version of Zoom (5.8.3 (1581) and now my audio is not working. Also, if I try to access the audio properties dialog, Zoom hangs and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. 

jpg1
Listener

I am on a new MacBook Air; loaded Zoom several weeks ago.  When I start the meeting, I get audio both out and in; however, I cannot hear others when I have joined a meeting that someone else has started. Volume level on computer is high.

Cannot figure out why this happens.

AlyssaL
Listener

When I host a meeting I have audio but when I join a meeting they can not hear me.

kpayton
Listener

same here

Marg7
Listener

Before I could be heard if it was just the 2 of us on the meeting  but when someone else joins,  my audio stopped working.  Now I can’t be heard at all but I can hear them. My audio tests say it’s working and my mic shows the green line bobbing up and down as if it is picking up my voice but notta 🙄😏

Did you get this fixed yet?

DeeRose
Listener

I am having the same problem where I can see all participants but am not able to hear them when I join a Zoom call.  Speakers play okay when using other apps on my desktop.  Using a Logitech C270 since 2020 and everything was fine up until about a month ago.  My Zoom version was at 5.12.4 when the problem first started.  Tried all of the troubleshooting tips.  Then, after about a week, the webcam started working properly again up until this past Friday, December 16.  Saturday morning, December 17, updated Zoom to the 5.12.9 version and incoming audio stopped working again for the Zoom call I joined after that.  I used both my desktop (for video) and my mobile device (for audio, but this is troublesome.  Have been troubleshooting tips all day today and had to use my mobile device to connect for another call today.  I had bought a new webcam (NexiGo N660) last month but did not try it out until today as the incoming audio had started working again with the Logitech.  However, when I tried the NexiGo webcam today as a possible solution, there is still no incoming audio.  Please help.  It is expensive replacing peripherals and not finding any possible solutions.

I have been testing functionality every day since I started having this problem again.  The only theory that I can surmise is that the hardware compatibility with Zoom updates takes a few days to synchronize as this is what happened the first time when the incoming audio issue was resolved.  Happy that it is working again though.  Thought I was going to have to test further solutions with hardware replacements.  It would be very much appreciated to see any other posting to explain the issue and if there may be other workarounds while the issue is still being investigated.