cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Account Roles

cdunning
Listener

I work for a small company who utilized zoom a lot. We recently completed a transfer of ownership to our account and lost some of our previous settings. As account owner, when scheduling meetings a link would get populated for you to share, it would populate with "[company name] invites you" now when we schedule a meeting the link populated stating "[individual's name] invites you". Does anyone know how we can go about getting our account setup this way again?  Our admin has been running into issues scheduling meetings because it comes up that she is the "host" but she is scheduling on behalf of someone else and isn't actually attending the meetings. When she as the host doesn't join the meeting the users then sit in a waiting room. In the interim, I have disabled the waiting room and enabled participants to join before the host however my concern with that is that if there isn't actually a host assigned no one in the meeting will have any privileges. For example, if the meeting is progressing and its a good conversation and they want to start recording, there is no way for them to do that without host permissions. I'm really looking for a permanent fix vs a temporary fix. Does someone give me some advice on the steps I should take to schedule for our organization as whole? Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @cdunning 

I am not aware of a way to have the invites provide the company name rather than the user name, so its likely that the account owner simply changed their profile name to the company's name as a workaround. 

As for scheduling for others, scheduling privilege is the best route, as it allows a user to schedule meetings directly for another user on the account from their profile. They may schedule it, but the meeting actually belongs to the user its scheduled for and they would be able to join as they host (b/c they are). 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.